Arttu Ruotsalainen Would Like to Remain A Member of the Buffalo Sabres

Brawndo

23 hours ago, tom webster said:

I’m still waiting for one of our analytics gurus to show me a chart that success in AHL playoffs has any correlation to success in NHL playoffs. I’ve heard a lot of anecdotal stories but nothing backed by numbers. As always, I’m willing to learn and be proven wrong.

I’ve never needed analytics to tell us this.   Some players cannot make the leap to NHL but thrive in AHL.  You will see it, whether it’s playoffs or regular season.  

Some players slip down down regular season performance in the playoffs, that happens in every league and at every level.  

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

I’ve never needed analytics to tell us this.   Some players cannot make the leap to NHL but thrive in AHL.  You will see it, whether it’s playoffs or regular season.  

Some players slip down down regular season performance in the playoffs, that happens in every league and at every level.  

I agree with everything you said except it doesn’t answer my question. There seems to be this universal opinion that Rochester making the playoffs benefits the Sabres. I am skeptical. It’s great for Rochester fans, it gives more stuff to talk about but in the end, I don’t believe it means anything to the future of the Sabres.

17 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I agree with everything you said except it doesn’t answer my question. There seems to be this universal opinion that Rochester making the playoffs benefits the Sabres. I am skeptical. It’s great for Rochester fans, it gives more stuff to talk about but in the end, I don’t believe it means anything to the future of the Sabres.

It sure doesn’t hurt to see the organization have some success but it’s probably not much benefit to the Sabres, especially with UPL not playing.   Had he played and turned in a strong performance that could help his readiness a bit, which in turn helps the Sabres since goaltending is their biggest need by far.  

Maybe a slight benefit that Peterka and Quinn got some more experience too. 

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

I think that playing key roles in pressure-packed games, several of them in OT, against the highest level of competition they’ve yet faced, with opponents giving it their all has to help the young players develop.

• Like (+1) 1

I have no opinion on the future of R2 and the Sabres. Sure, he had success in the AHL playoffs, but I'd rather GMKA fill that roster spot with a player who has shown success in the NHL playoffs. If we keep bringing back the same players we are not going to jump up in the standings. 

My preference would be to trade him to a team where he has a shot at cracking the roster for more draft capital, or as a sweetener in a trade.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.