Arttu Ruotsalainen Would Like to Remain A Member of the Buffalo Sabres

Brawndo

19 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Not surprised if true, but a little disappointed. With the additions of Krebs, Tuch, and the growth of JJP and Quinn, not much room in Buffalo any longer for a player of his skillset.  Still with injuries comes opportunity and he is very close to being an NHL player.  Not sure why you’d give up so quickly.  A job in the Swiss league will always be there.

The nightlife in Rochester, he has done it all.  

On 4/4/2022 at 2:23 PM, inkman said:

According to capfriendly he’s making $70,000 in the AHL.  I can see why he’d make the jump.  He’s a nice little player but I’m not sure he was ever going to be anything more than a tweener.  

And some of us on here make more than 70k a year. That kind of change won’t buy much. Maybe a couple of steps above a Yugo.

On 4/4/2022 at 3:49 PM, DarthEbriate said:

Arttu! Where are you?

On 4/4/2022 at 3:57 PM, Carmel Corn said:

Actually, R2 has been known to make mistakes... from time to time

These two continue to make me giggle.

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Kind of sad that our European UFA imports haven’t really worked out.

Antipin 46 gm 1g 5a 

Pilut 47gm 0g 10a 

R2 NHL 35gm 7g 3a 

AHL 59gm 22g 35a 

What’s the success rate of Euro FA in the North America?

On 4/4/2022 at 5:45 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

The new 4th center is going to come from outside the organization.  I've suggested Lars Eller, but there are others.  We need to spend 15-18 mill just to get to the cap floor.  Getting a good 4th center; someone who can score, win a draw but also play up in the lineup, is going to be part of KA's spending this off-season.  

Despite playing well of late, there are questions surrounding all of our current centers.  For example, is Mitts going to stay healthy and reach his potential.  What is Cozens upside? Can TNT repeat this year's success or was this a career year.  Without any good prospect centers in the organization near NHL ready, we are going to have to have NHL depth that can play important roles when called upon.  

Lars Eller is the Matt Ellis of Lars Ellers. 

On 4/5/2022 at 9:44 AM, Pimlach said:

The nightlife in Rochester, he has done it all.  

There’s a nightlife in Rochester? 

I can see that maybe there's no spot for him next season on the Sabres barring injury call up but I do wonder if he couldn't find a spot on another NHL roster.  I think that it would be a smart move to stay for another season to see if he gets a chance.  Otherwise Rochester could really use him.

Edited by Digger
  • Like (+1) 1

Hopefully Hoppe's article is not just technically accurate (R2 Rou2 hasn't signed in Switzerland YET) but that he'll actually re-sign.  He's too small for 4th line duty & there's a serious log jam above that, but could see him being part of a trade package to a team that's tight against the cap w/ most of the players longer in the tooth.

And if he ISN'T part of a trade package, he's been a high level AHLer & he can replace a guy that IS part of a trade package.

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.