Robin Lehner, Vegas starting goalie, might be done for season

LGR4GM

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If you were running the LV franchise, given the injuries cap issues and place in the standings, would you become a seller at the deadline and try to fall out of the playoffs and hope to keep your pick?

I would rather run the current Sabres.

Vegas is in cap hell, expectations are high, few prospects and minus a few good draft picks. They are all in.

I know the question is what would I do, I guess I’m all in this year because of the standings but I may have to unload some expensive players next year.

27 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If you were running the LV franchise, given the injuries cap issues and place in the standings, would you become a seller at the deadline and try to fall out of the playoffs and hope to keep your pick?

Go for it. Take the 23 pick instead.

20 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Most of the last decade has involved the Rangers trading picks or overpaying top ufas. That was my only point, not sure why we're getting in the weeds on this. 

Yes, wins still count but the Rangers are not good. Their goaltending is the holding pin holding that ship together. 

Man, I feel the opposite.  I think the past 10 years or so is when the Rangers STOPPED doing that.  They used to 10-20-30 years ago maybe but I don’t feel they have behaved that way in a long time.

You specifically stated that they gutted their prospect pool to acquire big name players.  I feel that they have been particularly protective of their prospects/picks.

I agree that they are a mediocre team buoyed by excellent goaltending. However, I disagree that the reason for that is because of a gutted prospect pool and overspending on star players.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Vegas impo is a house built on sand. I get trying to win in your window but the NYR proved gutting your pool for years to get big names doesn't magically work. 

Yes being in the playoffs every year and being cup favorites is horrible.

But hell looks like people just want to rebuild for 20 years 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Curt said:

Man, I feel the opposite.  I think the past 10 years or so is when the Rangers STOPPED doing that.  They used to 10-20-30 years ago maybe but I don’t feel they have behaved that way in a long time.

You specifically stated that they gutted their prospect pool to acquire big name players.  I feel that they have been particularly protective of their prospects/picks.

I agree that they are a mediocre team buoyed by excellent goaltending. However, I disagree that the reason for that is because of a gutted prospect pool and overspending on star players.

In 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 the NYR traded their first round pick. They only made 2 second round picks in that time period. 

That's what I'm referring to. They also don't draft particularly well. 

We disagree then. 

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Yes being in the playoffs every year and being cup favorites is horrible.

But hell looks like people just want to rebuild for 20 years 

Lol, this post. 🤣 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

In 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 the NYR traded their first round pick. They only made 2 second round picks in that time period. 

That's what I'm referring to. They also don't draft particularly well. 

We disagree then. 

Lol, this post. 🤣 

Sorry I'm still p***** off Nothing to do with you

Late game last night, but the Knights managed to beat the Panthers.  Something of note, Eichel sustained an "upper body injury" during the game.  He blocked a shot with his right hand/arm late in the second.  He finished the 2nd, but did not play in the 3rd.  No idea if he's going to be out for any games or not, but his injury curse continues.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.