How have the Sabres offended you today?

PromoTheRobot

57 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

And that is why he is a AAAA goalie.  

By the way Quinn needs to be called up.  24 pts in 17 games.  He’s ready. 

I disagree.  I thik he needs  work still in the other aspects of the game besides putting up points.

While it is great he is putting up goals and assists, I've followed the Roch games, watched 2 of them on AHLtv, and watched all the highlights I can find of goals for and against them.  Quinn often seems to be out of position when goals are scored against Roch.  A few times I have watched the highlights of goals against, and not only is he on the ice, but often times it looks like his back is turned to the play or he is just way too far out of the play for the goal against.

Anyone else here actually a season ticket holder for Roch and have seen all of his games? I am not saying I am 100% correct on this, I would like someone who sees more/knows more to give an opinion on it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

I disagree.  I thik he needs  work still in the other aspects of the game besides putting up points.

While it is great he is putting up goals and assists, I've followed the Roch games, watched 2 of them on AHLtv, and watched all the highlights I can find of goals for and against them.  Quinn often seems to be out of position when goals are scored against Roch.  A few times I have watched the highlights of goals against, and not only is he on the ice, but often times it looks like his back is turned to the play or he is just way too far out of the play for the goal against.

Anyone else here actually a season ticket holder for Roch and have seen all of his games? I am not saying I am 100% correct on this, I would like someone who sees more/knows more to give an opinion on it.

I’ve watched maybe 8 full Amerks games.

Cant really comment on what you are talking about without seeing the specific plays and his role in them, but I have not noticed him missing many assignments and that costing the Amerks. Appert seems to use him in all situations.

Generally speaking, I think he is conscientious about rolling back to stay on the right side of the puck and avoid odd-man rushes, and he back checks hard.

He makes a lot of passes and not all of them work, but you generally expect that with your puck movers. I don’t see a lot of high-risk stuff there either, but I do see some mistakes.

And he’s usually pretty good with pressuring his man rather than hanging back and giving him too much space.

In defensive zone coverage, he’s more prone to covering the point/being an outlet, than coming back low, but he does get  stuck in no-man’s land at times, unlike Krebs who plays like a centre in those situations, coming back deep into the zone even when he is lined up at wing, or Peterka, who is often cheating looking for a breakout.

From a defensive point of view, I’d say his biggest weakness is physical weakness. He’s not man strong and gets overpowered. It’s even more noticeable with Krebs, especially when you compare each to Peterka who often skates through checkers.

I don’t see defence as a weakness keeping Quinn out the NHL right now. He’s smart and he works hard. But I have no problem with him staying in the AHL to gain more experience and strength.

• Like (+1) 4

10 hours ago, Ice Cold said:

Is Yuri back?  Last I looked, he and the other ghosts were trying to scare people in the Around the NHL thread. 

Listen Weave, and anyone else who reads this; it needs to be said.  You probably don’t spend much time in the Clubs section.  I lurk there quite a bit, and you can learn some very interesting things about SabreSpace in the Clubs section. 

I’m not sure if anyone noticed the large private meetings that they were having in their little internet backroom, The Ghosts Club.  One day, it would be empty, then out of nowhere there’d appear 150 ghosts in there.  Most every name I’d never seen here before.  GoDD knows what they were doing in there. 

I asked to join, and received a PM from this Ghost of Anonymous with Hall of Fame posting stats, that simply read:  “Ghosts Only.”  It was truly weird, but, just recently, the club went entirely invisible.  At least on my computer, there is just a blank space that I can put my hand through. 

Frankly, I’m a lot concerned about their paranormal activities on this board, and needed to notify, at least you, Weave, because I know you can handle yourself, in case something truly sinister happens here, and we need to defend the board in some way. 

First, welcome back to the board.

Second, anyone named "Casper" or "Stay Puft Marshmellow Man" on the ghost board?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.