Lines Post-Eichel Trade

Taro T

8 hours ago, sabresparaavida said:

I kinda like the idea of Cozens and Tuch on the same line in a year or 2, a physical line with skill sounds attractive.

I have to see Tuch play more with us first, but at the moment I lean towards trying Tuch with Mitts for more balance. 

Krebs imo (and Cozens) should go to Rochester for a bit, if not the whole year. 

I'd leave Olofsson-Thompson-Asplund alone for this as they have some chemistry. 

Girgs-Eakin-Okposo is Girgs-Eakin-Okposo and will remain what it is until they trade Eakin or these guys end their contracts. That's your 4th line regardless of how many minutes they actually get.

The other two lines are fluid and will be determined by which kids step up first. 

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

But the trade changed nothing.  Tuch is injured and Krebs will be in Rochester.  Lines are the same until Mitts returns.

When the thread was started, the Sabres had not announced that Krebs was Ra-cha-cha bound.

They've also made it sound like his stay in Ra-cha-cha might not be very long.

I think the thing to remember is that come April, as many as 6 new faces will have been added to the 23 man roster. 

Krebs, Peterka, Quinn, Power, Tuch, Samuelsson could all be added and if not by April by next training camp. Also right now Mitts, Olofsson, and Jokiharju are injured. 

There are 9 guys, 40% of the roster that will be changed out between now and 2022 that we know of. We can also count on a high first round pick that could possibly add a 10th. The point is, as dark as things are now, I can't remember a time in the last 10 years where we had this much roster improvement to look forward to. Will it work? Idk, but it is better than adding whatever 4th string has been Murray or Botts found and calling us better.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.