MAY DAY Highlight Video

Hirly5

Really Awesome stuff.... What i loved to see was Hasek rush to congratulate May following the goal. He was so excited, jumping up and down. It was Hasek before he was the greatest goalie alive, and he was happy just to be a part of a team that just won a playoff series. Man i wish i was older to remember if my father took me to that game or if i watched it on TV. Does anyone have the "One to Remember" highlight video from that season?

Weird ... something I noticed ... Fuhr started that game, right? then Hasek finished it ... but in the celebration, DRAPER is in FULL UNIFORM jumping on the pile ... did they dress 3 goalies?!? Did they use celebration footage from some other game? Is it too early in the morning and I am just confused? I guess maybe Fuhr was hurt during the game so in the playoffs they allow you to dress another goalie in that case? ... just unusual to see ...

Amazing...

Patty's pass that is and then the goal...

I remember not screaming because it was late and everyone else went to bed hehe

Just do search for Sabres on Youtube and you will find a couple videos of sabres fights and other things

Amazing...

Patty's pass that is and then the goal...

I remember not screaming because it was late and everyone else went to bed hehe

Just do search for Sabres on Youtube and you will find a couple videos of sabres fights and other things

great stuff, get you pumped up for tonight!

but, how bad is john gurtler....

Weird ... something I noticed ... Fuhr started that game, right? then Hasek finished it ... but in the celebration, DRAPER is in FULL UNIFORM jumping on the pile ... did they dress 3 goalies?!? Did they use celebration footage from some other game? Is it too early in the morning and I am just confused? I guess maybe Fuhr was hurt during the game so in the playoffs they allow you to dress another goalie in that case? ... just unusual to see ...

Rule 15f

In regular league and playoff games, if both listed goalkeepers are incapacitated, that team shall be entitled to dress and play any available goalkeeper who is eligible. No delay shall be permitted in taking his position in the goal, and he shall be permitted a 2 minute warm-up. However, the warm-up is not permitted in the event a goalkeeper is substituted for a penalty shot.

So, basically, Draper couldn't have come in if Dom scr*wed the pooch, but he would have been allowed in the net if Dom got hurt.

Yeah he was bad. But, you know what, he wasn't boring. He had to step into a terrible situation and replace a Buffalo broadcasting legend. He carried the torch and did it admirably. I think history will treat John Gurtler pretty well.

1993 -- mullets were in, apparently, and so were satin jackets. I still have mine with the old logo on it. I might be back in fashion soon!

Wow, goosebumps. Thanks for the link, hirly.

Archived