EURO 2020 (actually 2021)

Sabres Fan in NS

3 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

If you make it to the final you will have certainly earned it.

I like most of your predictions, but I think France and Wales will take their matches.

Denmark is a really good 2nd tier team, Wales let me down a bit.

France yeah, but the hate the swiss have for France only rivals our own 😄 
And I basically want to see France go down early and hard, They been putting us down, saying we will be eating fries by the quarters.  And the press conference after their Hungary game made me want to punch a french dude in the face,  ' it was an honour for hungary to play a team like us' wtf who says that lol 😄 

• Thanks (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Denmark is a really good 2nd tier team, Wales let me down a bit.

France yeah, but the hate the swiss have for France only rivals our own 😄 
And I basically want to see France go down early and hard, They been putting us down, saying we will be eating fries by the quarters.  And the press conference after their Hungary game made me want to punch a french dude in the face,  ' it was an honour for hungary to play a team like us' wtf who says that lol 😄 

The French are insufferable.  Always have been; always will be.

• Like (+1) 1

The elimation matches start today.

In the early match ...

Denmark leads Wales 2 - 0 in the 57th minute.

I had hoped Wales would pull it off for *reasons*, but this is not a huge upset if the score holds.

At 4:00 PM (ADT) we have Italy and Austria.  I expect Italy to have little trouble with the Eastern Reich.

Denmark is through to the quarter finals in convincing fashion.

They will meet Netherlands or Czech Republic up next.  They may have a chance against the Czechs, but that would mean that they were to upset Netherlands in the 16 match.  I can't see them beating the Netherlands in the quarters.

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Italy made it through 2 -1 with all the goals coming in stopage time.  The match was 115 minutes long ?????

120 minutes yeah.   0-0 after 90 minutes meant extra time.    2 x 15 minute halfs extra.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 6/24/2021 at 1:04 AM, Huckleberry said:

My predictions 

Wales 1 - 3 Denmark  0-4
Italy    4 - 0 Austria 2-1
Netherlands 2 - 2 Tsjech republic   - Dutch loose in penalties (they really suck at it)
Belgium  3 - 1 Portugal ( I can easy see us loose this one though)
Croatia 2 - 0 Spain ( spain has issues scoring)
France 1 - 2 Switzerland ( my next round upset, France not been playing to well and the swiss can play good counter football)
England 3-4 Germany 
Sweden 0 - 0 Ucraine ( Sweden through on penalties)

Italy was bad, their first bad game.   Maybe the opponents in group stage were to easy for them.
Denmark with the easy victory as I expected.

As for tomorrow come to think of it, I think the dutch get their first real opponent , if they get to  confident they will lose easy.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like (+1) 1

What a match ... fantastic and exciting.

Spain was up 3 - 1 (the 1 was an OG) as full-time approached.

It's now 3 - 3 at 90+5.

What a comeback by Croatia in the final 10 minutes ... scored at 85 and then at 90+2.

Just now, New Scotland (NS) said:

What a match ... fantastic and exciting.

Spain was up 3 - 1 (the 1 was an OG) as full-time approached.

It's now 3 - 3 at 90+5.

What a comeback by Croatia in the final 10 minutes ... scored at 85 and then at 90+2.

End of regulation ... 3 - 3 going to extra time now.