The new uni

PASabreFan

Would we really change uniforms after winning a championship? Would that be unprecedented in the history of sports? Given that this franchise is on the rise again, both on the ice and in the coffers, I'm more opposed to changing uniforms than ever. The demonic goathead represents a nice era of winning hockey to me, the last few seasons notwithstanding. I wonder if the Sabres' braintrust has any contingency plan to scrap the new duds?

The St Louis Rams changed their uniforms after winning the Superbowl in 2000.

They went to newer, more modern colours than their old unis.

The old unis need to come back. Same original logo, updated metallic colours, much like the above mentioned Rams.

Would we really change uniforms after winning a championship? Would that be unprecedented in the history of sports? Given that this franchise is on the rise again, both on the ice and in the coffers, I'm more opposed to changing uniforms than ever. The demonic goathead represents a nice era of winning hockey to me, the last few seasons notwithstanding. I wonder if the Sabres' braintrust has any contingency plan to scrap the new duds?

It's not even unique to hockey. Pittsburgh wore the cartoon penguin vs. Minnesota & Chicago and then went to the "Rangers" uniforms in '93.

How about a compromise? Get rid of that 3rd jersey and make the blue-gold the 3rd jersey.

I like the logo for the 3rd jersey, but it looks too much like Carolina's shirts for my liking.

I like the black red they wear now, but I must confess, as a kid, part of what made me a Sabres fan was the striking blue-gold. (I'm not from Buffalo, so I didn't care who I cheered for as a kid)

I hope more teams get some color in their uniforms. For a while there, every team in every sport figured black or so-dark-blue it looked black, was the answer. It was like the goal of every team was to have their jersey appear in a rap video.

I think going back to wearing the old Blue and Gold Jersey is dumb. If your going to change, make it a change, go back to blue and gold, but either keep the existing logo, or make a new one (atleast revise the old blue and gold one and make it a little more modern if you go that route) I've seen a few logos used in avatars that look good.

Whats wrong with the third jersey's? I like the red jerseys with that logo. I would like to see them use the new crossed sabre swords with the buffalo (goat) in the area above the swords as a new logo. This way you incoporate the new logo, with the old ones, on a Blue and Gold jersey

I heard on XM that teams can only change third jersey's every few years. They were talking about how the Stars are stuck with that stupid cattle head one for like 3 more years (even though they said they won't be wearing or selling it anymore).

I heard on XM that teams can only change third jersey's every few years. They were talking about how the Stars are stuck with that stupid cattle head one for like 3 more years (even though they said they won't be wearing or selling it anymore).

Ahhhh the mooterus.

How about a compromise? Get rid of that 3rd jersey and make the blue-gold the 3rd jersey.

I like the logo for the 3rd jersey, but it looks too much like Carolina's shirts for my liking.

I like the black red they wear now, but I must confess, as a kid, part of what made me a Sabres fan was the striking blue-gold. (I'm not from Buffalo, so I didn't care who I cheered for as a kid)

I hope more teams get some color in their uniforms. For a while there, every team in every sport figured black or so-dark-blue it looked black, was the answer. It was like the goal of every team was to have their jersey appear in a rap video.

Unless they change the primary uni and/or logo they can't have a 3rd sweater that's blue and gold. 3rd's have to use existing colors, so for the Sabres they would have to be some combo of black, red, white, silver, and gray.

Ahhhh the mooterus.

:lol:

Never really thought about it before, but that does describe it pretty much to a T.

:lol:

The old unis need to come back. Same original logo, updated metallic colours, much like the above mentioned Rams.

I agree partly. I think that if they went back to the old blue and gold they should modernize it a little like the logo. I like some of the ones ppl around here have come up with. But, I don't think we should go completely vintage. I never really liked the all blue uniforms. Let's just hope the marketing people in charge of the change don't drop the ball so we're stuck with something that's completely hideous. So let's hope that they actually get opinions rather than making a final decision in a vacuum. But in the end I think they will make a change to boost merchandise sales. The exception being that we actually win the Cup. But, if they submit the paperwork to the office for a change (which I thought they had to do a year in advance...I remember someone mentioning that around here a while back), can they just cancel it if they change their minds?

I've asked this question several times this year. I think that if they somehow win it all, you have to stick with what they're wearing now. The old jerseys are great, but how much did the team really accomplish while wearing them?

You need to be banished from this board forever.... Goodbye

I'd love to see the blue and gold again, but only under certain conditions. I'm one of those people that believes that if you're going to make an effort to "bring back the blue and gold" to appease people, then the last thing you want to do is come back with some bastardization of blue and gold and call it the new Sabres' uniforms. I fear that they'll try to get too "modern" and use some cheeseball arena football color like St. Louis Rams Metallic Gold. If they do that, I'll have wished they'd just leave the goathead uniforms (colors and all) intact.

But if they win the Cup this year, I probably won't ever care what unis they wear because my lifelong dream will have come true, and I will live in peace with myself. :)

i notice more and more people wearing blue and gold every time i get to a game, which admittedly is only once or twice a year. but the blue/gold stuff was also flying off the shelves in the sabre store. i myself bought four gold tshirts...1 to keep and 3 for gifts.

the only thing that has kept me from buying a new jersey this year is that i am waiting for the new ones to come out.

and as far as the original post is concerned, as much as i love the sabres, they are not winning the stanley cup with this defensive corps. no way in hell.

Archived