Why I Don't Want Any of the Remaining Teams to Win.

Eleven

I am rooting for the lightning.

I want to root for the jets they play exciting hockey, but the fan base gets on my nerves.

Vegas would be cool and really think if they win the expansion draft will get toned down.

Caps would be my second choice, I like the way ovie plays even if I dislike his dictator.

Preds I am built a team the way I like. Defense out. So I am ok with them also

There are five teams left. I can't bear the thought of any of them winning. Here are my reasons for each team. Also, with the exception of Tampa, consider the "I don't want another team winning their first before the Sabres do" thing in play for all of them.

Washington: No, their fans have NOT earned it. They might have had fans when they were in Landover, and they might have fans now, but I had 30 tickets to a first-round game in 1998 and couldn't give them away. It wasn't until the finals that anyone in the city even noticed that team was in the playoffs. I lived there--I even owned a home there--and I know first-hand that there were no hockey fans anywhere when I lived there. Also, ###### Bondra.

Nashville: Same. No one can identify five people who were fans before last season.

Winnipeg: Smug ######. No way. Hell, move 'em again just to teach the Winnipeggers some humility.

Vegas: First of all, I hate the name. The city is "Las Vegas," not "Vegas." It's not the "Frisco 49ers" or the "Big Apple Yankees." So I don't like the name. Second, the expansion draft was WAY skewed in "Vegas's" favor. Too much. Expansion teams shouldn't be winning Stanley Cups, and their new fans haven't suffered enough yet.

Tampa Bay: Another team where fans seem to surface only when they're winning. (That goes for all three of the sports in the Bay Area, actually.)

So ###### 'em all.

Ovechkin deserves a cup. Most people who don't like him, still respect him. Poor guy couldn't escape the 2nd rd bust narrative.

There are five teams left. I can't bear the thought of any of them winning. Here are my reasons for each team. Also, with the exception of Tampa, consider the "I don't want another team winning their first before the Sabres do" thing in play for all of them.

Washington: No, their fans have NOT earned it. They might have had fans when they were in Landover, and they might have fans now, but I had 30 tickets to a first-round game in 1998 and couldn't give them away. It wasn't until the finals that anyone in the city even noticed that team was in the playoffs. I lived there--I even owned a home there--and I know first-hand that there were no hockey fans anywhere when I lived there. Also, ###### Bondra.

Nashville: Same. No one can identify five people who were fans before last season.

Winnipeg: Smug ######. No way. Hell, move 'em again just to teach the Winnipeggers some humility.

Vegas: First of all, I hate the name. The city is "Las Vegas," not "Vegas." It's not the "Frisco 49ers" or the "Big Apple Yankees." So I don't like the name. Second, the expansion draft was WAY skewed in "Vegas's" favor. Too much. Expansion teams shouldn't be winning Stanley Cups, and their new fans haven't suffered enough yet.

Tampa Bay: Another team where fans seem to surface only when they're winning. (That goes for all three of the sports in the Bay Area, actually.)

So ###### 'em all.

I'd be OK with a WSH or NSH Cup parade.

Vegas and their spoiled fanbase... where's the suffering? If they do win Lord Stanley's Cup, the hockey God's will damn them for eternity.

Tampa? em'

I guess I don't get into the politics of the fan bases as much as you do.  I'd like to see WPG in the finals because no expansion team should get there.  I'd like to see Ovechkin graduate from the group of "best players to never win the Cup." 

Um, all of the teams left in the playoffs are expansion teams; some have just been in the league longer than others.

Nashville or Winnipeg winning it is fine for me.  I'm fine with Tampa as well.  I don't think Washington has a chance to win the cup.  

Well they did eliminate the Penguins in 6 games, and in game 6, three of their top 6 forwards were hurt, inlcuding Backstrom.  I'd say they have quite a good chance to win the cup.  It will come down to the goalies in the ECF.  This will be an amzing series, I think we see OV energized now that the Penguins-2nd rd failure monkey is off his back.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.