Realistic expectations for Casey

GASabresIUFAN

I don't see a better 3rd line C than him on the team or in AHL. You can see the hands and once he quits thinking and just playing, he'll be ok. Attempts to play defense also. 3rd line looks like more of a scoring line than I remember in quite awhile. Okposo's 1 goal was caused by not only him going to the net but Casey finding a hole in the D. He appears to be a difference maker, you don't send that down.

I don't see a better 3rd line C than him on the team or in AHL. You can see the hands and once he quits thinking and just playing, he'll be ok. Attempts to play defense also. 3rd line looks like more of a scoring line than I remember in quite awhile. Okposo's 1 goal was caused by not only him going to the net but Casey finding a hole in the D. He appears to be a difference maker, you don't send that down.

I agree completely.  he doesn't have a whole lot to work on skill wise.

a lot of Sabre fans, not just here, are worried about his size and strength.  He has a whole off season to train with a professional staff, call it 6 months to put on muscle.  The average person can put on .5-1 lbs of muscle a month, Casey, being a natural athelete with a professional staff could put on 2-lbs per month.  There's no reason to think that he can't come to training camp and pre-season with 10-12 lbs of extra muscle, he'll be stronger and more explosive.  

What a crock that was though.

He started that season at 17 years old. He didn't turn 18 until January.

It was his call to turn pro at 17.

He could've waited a year. It would've been foolish, but he could've done it. Then he'd've won the Calder running away.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.