Chatting with Justin Falk's parents...

Onceagain

1) What did you think of Bylsma?

A: They liked him. They thought he was personable and chatted with the parents of players during team events. Justin liked him as a coach (not surprised by this since he was brought in by Murray and Bylsma).

2) What does he think of Housley?

A: Does not think Housley has the guts to sit the stars (ie the Ryan O'Reillys, Evander Kane's, other stars who were struggling at times this season). Did not seem to have a high view of him.

Reading the tea leaves...   Bylsma > Housley ... and the results speak for themselves.

Bylsma is a schlub whose team paced for 55 points as soon as the games had playoff implications. He folded with his tail between his legs and had his team playing worse 5v5 hockey than this 60 point team with Housley, pi's favorite. Of course pi gives Dan credit for Bob Woods' power play which was a top five power play over the last 18 years or so, and for Lehner being way better last season despite us rising from 28th to 13th in shots allowed, and allowing fewer high danger scoring chances. He ignores that if we were to take last season's elements that had nothing to do with Bylsma, and gave them to this team, we'd have halved our goal difference deficit from last year. He does this because he is Pi, he has his takes and defends them to the death, even making up his own mediocre stats to justify them, and we love him just the way he is.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Bylsma is a schlub whose team paced for 55 points as soon as the games had playoff implications. He folded with his tail between his legs and had his team playing worse 5v5 hockey than this 60 point team with Housley, pi's favorite. Of course pi gives Dan credit for Bob Woods' power play which was a top five power play over the last 18 years or so, and for Lehner being way better last season despite us rising from 28th to 13th in shots allowed, and allowing fewer high danger scoring chances. He ignores that if we were to take last season's elements that had nothing to do with Bylsma, and gave them to this team, we'd have halved our goal difference deficit from last year. He does this because he is Pi, he has his takes and defends them to the death, even making up his own mediocre stats to justify them, and we love him just the way he is.

I just don't get pining for a bad/mediocre coach. We had zero success with DB so there's no tracking record of success to look back on. At least Eleven's pining for Lindy Ruff has some fond memories to look back on. I do give DB credit for last year's power play though. Bob Woods or not, he was the head coach so he gets credit for the great power play and for the horrendous 5 on 5 play. I'm not a PH fan by any stretch but I can say that I prefer his system so far to DB's even if the results haven't shown improvement. I hated the stretch pass/dump and chase that DB defaulted to, even if it kept us marginally more competitive with the help of the top power play.

Great story.

I just don't get pining for a bad/mediocre coach. We had zero success with DB so there's no tracking record of success to look back on. At least Eleven's pining for Lindy Ruff has some fond memories to look back on. I do give DB credit for last year's power play though. Bob Woods or not, he was the head coach so he gets credit for the great power play and for the horrendous 5 on 5 play. I'm not a PH fan by any stretch but I can say that I prefer his system so far to DB's even if the results haven't shown improvement. I hated the stretch pass/dump and chase that DB defaulted to, even if it kept us marginally more competitive with the help of the top power play.

Yes and Yes and in complete agreement with turning off the music on Disco Dan's act.

You've referenced 7 different stats.

Here's the only stat that matters.

Bylsma taking over a 54 point team:

Year 1: 81 points

Year 2: 78 points (sans Eichel 1/3 season)

Housley taking over an "underachieving" 78 point team with an improved roster and playoff bubble expectations:

Year 1: 60 points

End of discussion.

I always like these small world stories. Thanks for sharing!

I do too.  Talking with the family members of the players is always kind of a fun experience.  I happened to be sitting near Ingrid Satan one night and had a nice conversation with her.  Miro actually scored a hat trick that night, so instead of throwing my hat onto the ice, I handed it directly to her.  She was giddy about how happy he would be after the game.

I do too. Talking with the family members of the players is always kind of a fun experience. I happened to be sitting near Ingrid Satan one night and had a nice conversation with her. Miro actually scored a hat trick that night, so instead of throwing my hat onto the ice, I handed it directly to her. She was giddy about how happy he would be after the game.

3 empty net goals in one game? Weird!

j/k

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.