2-15-2018 Sabres at Senators 7:30pm

spndnchz

The game tying goal was a silly attempt by Lehner. For a guy that normally trusts his size to a fault, I have no idea why he didn't trust his size there and instead went for the barrel roll.

OT winner wasn't on Lehner at all though. No goalie makes that save. That's the best passer in the world, setting up one of the best one-timers in the game today, with a man-advantage because Kane mentally traded himself 5 weeks ago.

Agree that the tying goal was very poorly played. In the post game interview, he said he lost where the puck was & when he saw it was on Ottawa's LW and (paraphrasing here) tried to get across as quick as possible.

Were giving up tying/winning (losing) goals late not so prevalent he'd get more of a benefit of doubt.

Agree that the tying goal was very poorly played. In the post game interview, he said he lost where the puck was & when he saw it was on Ottawa's LW and (paraphrasing here) tried to get across as quick as possible.

Were giving up tying/winning (losing) goals late not so prevalent he'd get more of a benefit of doubt.

Definitely a guy I want to extend a qualifying offer to.  :rolleyes:

Definitely a guy I want to extend a qualifying offer to.  :rolleyes:

Stuff happens.

Unfortunately, it happens far too often w/ him here. Don't know if he'll ever figure it out & become what Murray thought he'd be, but am almost positive it won't happen w/out a change of scenery.

I would rather them take a shot then drop back.  The results for the Sabres in OT are pathetic. 

Not in 3-on-3 OT. You lose the puck and you might not touch it again for 2-3 minutes. There's too much space out there to assume you're going to break up a pass and get the puck back. I'm no Xs and Os guy, but it seems like on 3-on-3, you can kind of dump the puck to where your teammate can get to it and essentially never give up possession.

I saw several Tweets that were aghast at Lehner's technique on the tying goal.

4:00 mark here

The consensus seemed to be that if Lehner moves in a way where he remains more upright, he saves that puck. One Tweeted to the effect that Lehner must have thought he was in a beer league impersonating Hasek.

I thought "Bad Hasek" when that goal happened; good to know I wasn't alone.

It was also a rather poor play by O’Reilly near the end of regulation that helped seal the loss. Take a shot at the empty net. Or get the puck deep. Don’t just bounce it lightly off the boards.

That was not a hockey smart move. If he iced the puck, we won. He had time and space and tried to get cute with a play that looks as though he was attempting a pass. 

Antipin did the same thing that lead to a goal. If PH benched him for a bit I would understand. I hope justice is equal in this case.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.