Sabres shot percentage, league worst

LGR4GM

https://www.thebuffalostar.com/2018/01/analyzing-buffalos-league-worst-shooting-percentage/

I hope the link works. It isn't where they are shooting from, it's how God awful they are at shooting.

I think the talent level is a problem, but it's not the only problem. 

If you look at shooting stats, pretty much everyone with a PDO over 100 makes the playoffs, most everyone with a PDO under 100 doesn't make the playoffs. I believe Botterill and Housley are trying to maximize the number of shots, which is fairly irrelevant regarding whether you win hockey games or not. The Sabres' PDO has gone from 99.4 (23rd) last year to 98.3 (28th) this year.

I'm concerned that even if they raise the talent level, they will be stuck playing like Carolina while this gang runs this team.

Isn't some nerd going to mention PDO? We're not bad, we're just unlucky?

Nerd here, I didn't do the math, but our PDO going back to 100 wouldn't make us a much better team, we'd still be in the basement by the looks of it. picture team save percentage going from .903 to .913, league average, and then scoring one more goal per 100 shots, or a goal every 3-4 games, we'd maybe win one more game every what, six or seven? we'd still be in the cellar, we're still bad

Nerd here, I didn't do the math, but our PDO going back to 100 wouldn't make us a much better team, we'd still be in the basement by the looks of it. picture team save percentage going from .903 to .913, league average, and then scoring one more goal per 100 shots, or a goal every 3-4 games, we'd maybe win one more game every what, six or seven? we'd still be in the cellar, we're still bad

Its an indication of how bad they set each other, passing sucks. No snipers on this team other than Jack it truly is sad but they need so much. Girgenson should be 4th line but Sabres dont have the talent. Gonna be 2 more years before this thing straightens out.

Its an indication of how bad they set each other, passing sucks. No snipers on this team other than Jack it truly is sad but they need so much. Girgenson should be 4th line but Sabres dont have the talent. Gonna be 2 more years before this thing straightens out.

Jack couldn't hit the broad side of a barn today. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.