Kyle Okposo: Return of the Winger

LGR4GM

Probably for stylistic reasons, KO-ROR were basically stapled together through two different coaching regimes, one that refused to watch tape from the other. So it must make some sense. I didn't hate them together, though was never blown out of the water by the chemistry I saw or anything. 

Jack&Sam was the duo last year, and Kane-Jack-Pommers was the default line whenever things were uncomfortable for a while this season.

I had no issues with Okposo and I still don't.  He's looking like a great fit with Eichel.  They seem to work off each other really well in pressuring the puck and the passing is generally there as well.

That line looks superb, and not just because KO is scoring with Jack.  I watched yesterday and with KO and Girgs on his wings, it seems like Jack is feeling less pressure to try to carry the puck all the time and do it all himself.  I see him passing off and getting into a scoring position, as opposed to passing off and waiting for the puck to get passed back to him right away.  It's like he trusts his linemates to find him, which doesn't fit Jack's usual MO of doing it all himself.  All three linemates are activating and pulling their share of the load and the line just works.

We've got chemistry here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.