3. 3. The Kinks

• Lola
    • Waterloo Sunset
    • You Really Got Me
    • All Day and All of the Night
    • Come Dancing ;)
    • Tired of Waiting for You
    • Other

Finally somebody that agrees with me on Kashmir. I have never understood why many people consider it their favorite Zeppelin song. There are dozens I would pick before it. I liked their early albums the best but over time have warmed up to several songs from Physical Graffiti and Presence.

Always got a kick out of Kashmir because of Fast Times. Damone tells Rat to play Side 1 of Zep 4 on his date, & he ends up playing side 2 of Physical Graffiti. :lol:

Though all Zep is great (especially I & II, love the blues), have always been partial to Presense.

I need to add the James Gang, Joe Walsh, Jeff Beck, Robert Plant, Frampton, John Fogerty, and Faces. Paul Simon’s wife is a one hit wonder, but it’s a great song. Squeeze is also interesting. 2 great songs, but are they “sponge worthy”?

Blind Faith is already on the list.

Joe Satriani?

And a couple of '00's:

O.A.R: Shattered

Jimmy Eat World: The Middle.

And a couple of '60's:

Ten Years After: I'd Love to Change the World

The Zombies: Time of the Season

PLEASE close this thread and make it end. :lol:

Edited by Taro T

And a couple of '00's:

O.A.R: Shattered

Jimmy Eat World: The Middle.

And a couple of '60's:

Ten Years After: I'd Love to Change the World

The Zombies: Time of the Season

PLEASE close this thread and make it end. :lol:

Zombies are already on the list. They are one of my favorites from the Brit Invasion. Great song by Ten Years After, but not a grest band.

Listening to the music is the purpose of this and my other playlists. Eventhough the 70’s list is getting crowded, I still haven’t put in anything from 10cc, 38 special, Donna Summer or Alan Parsons.

I think I know why the 70s is so crowded. Still had the great 60’s bands at full tilt, like the Who, Stones and Zepellin. The rise of the best Metal bands. The peak of the Prog rock bands, like Yes, Genesis, Rush. The start of New Wave. The rise and fall of dance/disco. Great Pop/Rock bands like Fleetwood Mac. The mellow california sound. Some great Funk, Reggae, and Soul crossover songs. Despite being a terrible decade for the economy and fashion, the music is really great.

Should I post other music playlist threads. How about New Wave, or British Invasion. I love my Ladies names playlist. Actually I really don’t have a great Prog rock playlist. Maybe we should do that one. Say 50-60 songs from the best Prog rock bands.

• 2 weeks later...

Zombies are already on the list. They are one of my favorites from the Brit Invasion. Great song by Ten Years After, but not a grest band.

Listening to the music is the purpose of this and my other playlists. Eventhough the 70’s list is getting crowded, I still haven’t put in anything from 10cc, 38 special, Donna Summer or Alan Parsons.

I think I know why the 70s is so crowded. Still had the great 60’s bands at full tilt, like the Who, Stones and Zepellin. The rise of the best Metal bands. The peak of the Prog rock bands, like Yes, Genesis, Rush. The start of New Wave. The rise and fall of dance/disco. Great Pop/Rock bands like Fleetwood Mac. The mellow california sound. Some great Funk, Reggae, and Soul crossover songs. Despite being a terrible decade for the economy and fashion, the music is really great.

Should I post other music playlist threads. How about New Wave, or British Invasion. I love my Ladies names playlist. Actually I really don’t have a great Prog rock playlist. Maybe we should do that one. Say 50-60 songs from the best Prog rock bands.

How about a "freedom" playlist?

I'll start it:

The Who: I'm Free

Donald Fagen: IGY

Jesus Jones: Right Here, Right Now

Traffic: Many a Mile to Freedom

(Not sure why, but would suggest that whoever chooses Skynyrd's "Freebird" should be subjected to teaching Liger why parts of the Finger Lakes are both by geography & temperament in WNY. And that it takes a truly special person to say Ra-cha-cha iSN'T WNY. That'll show 'em. Both. ;))

Dog it. Should've included Vanilla Fudge's version of "Set Me Free" & Steve Winwood's "Freedom Overspill."

Anyone running w/ the Supremes' version (or even worse Kim Wilde's version) of SMF should be immediately banished to the Pit of Misery (aka any Toronto Make Us Laughs' board ;)).

Edited by Taro T

Philadelphia Freedom - Elton John

Does it have to have freedom in the title or would Bob Marley's Exodus work?  Start a thread! 

I was also thinking about a sports song playlist, but I can't decide if I'd include songs only referencing sports like Centerfield  by John Fogerty, or also songs that were "adopted" by a sports team like "We are Family" which the Pirates used as a theme song to win the Series in 1979.  Maybe even Deacon Blues by Steely Dan which references the Crimson Tide of Alabama.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Michael McDonald - Sweet Freedom (cheesy song, better movie)

Speaking of movies & then TV, Born Free. Particularly the Andy Williams version for its major role in the plotline of Dexter's 1st season when Dexter was trying to meet the Ice Truck Killer.

And then a song that we'd need a ruling on. School of Fish's Three Strange Days. "For three strange days, well, I had no obligations ..." My vote is "yes."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.