Seth Griffith: What to expect this season

LGR4GM

Seth Griffith very quickly became a standout at camp. He is fast, shoots well, and seems to have good hockey smarts. For a brief period during the NYI game he was bumped up to a line with Jack Eichel and Evander Kane. He didn't look out of place IMPO, he actually looked good. 

Seth Griffith is a 24yr old "tweener" (between AHL and NHL) player who played for 3 separate teams last year. He saw time on the top line for Florida and actually did well http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nhl/florida-panthers/article120300308.html. Griffith was waived 1 month after that article was written. In 25 games for Florida he only managed 5 assists. 

This all begs the question why hasn't he stuck in the NHL? I am unsure of that answer. He is smaller in height at only 5'9" but also weighs 192lbs which is about 20lbs more than Ennis ever weighed. I think part of it is the philosophy of the Bruins which resulted in him being waived. He then bounced around. At 22 and 23 we have seen players be tweeners b4.  Luke Adam for example. Now some don't make it (Luke Adam for example) and some have. The question is which is Griffith? He certainly has the skating and puck handling to be a top 9 player. Other than his size he isn't really flawed. His speed is pretty good. 

What do I expect from him this year? I think he sticks. It might take him a month to gel with his line but from what I saw in preseason he can be an offensive generator. He gets to pucks quick and makes smart plays. He fits Housley's system well. I hope this kid (he's 24) makes it. Would be nice for us to finally find one of those players who just needed 1 more opportunity. That said he could flame out in 20 games and Bailey could become a Sabre so we shall see. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.