Training camp questions #2: What do we have in Zemgus Girgensons?

dudacek

I wonder why Bylsma didn't want to see them together then for an extended period. I mean, we all rip Bylsma...but say Girgs plays there next season and the two work great together, the guy shouldn't ever coach in the NHL again if something that glaringly obvious was staring him in the face and he missed it.

It's one thing for me, joe-hockey watcher to underestimate Girgs, another completely for a salaried NHL coach to not do their due diligence.

We literally just had this conversation and you came away agreeing with me...Rust is not a guy you could stick on the Sabres and expect any offense whatsoever from and he is brilliant in letting Crosby and Malkin do what they do

It isn't about putting all the highest scorers on the team together on one line

I mean for Chrissakes people are putting ###### Nylander-who-could-be-Cam-Fowler-right-now next to Jack and anointing him Jack's scoring winger when he hasn't even progressed to being a slightly below average AHL player yet.

If you'd talking about me, I'm saying the Sabres drafted Nylander expecting him to be Jack's finisher and he has the skill set to be Jack's finisher. That's a far cry from saying he will be Jack's finisher at age 19.

I don't recall much of anyone else talking this up at all, at least not for this year, in anything but a fantasyland way.

Pretty much everyone seems to think Alex need to prove himself in the AHL before expectations are heaped on him in the NHL.

From the kids this year, I'd like to see Baptiste get a shot. From the veterans, I expect Moulson to get a shot.

Edited by dudacek

If you'd talking about me, I'm saying the Sabres drafted Nylander expecting him to be Jack's finisher and he has the skill set to be Jack's finisher. That's a far cry from saying he will be Jack's finisher at age 19.

I don't recall much of anyone else talking this up at all, at least not for this year, in anything but a fantasyland way.

Pretty much everyone seems to think Alex need to prove himself in the AHL before expectations are heaped on him in the NHL.

From the kids this year, I'd like to see Baptiste get a shot. From the veterans, I expect Moulson to get a shot.

I would never subtweet you  :wub:

Really I see way more of that on hfboards or other online locations than here. I can't name anyone that I've seen put Nylander in right now this year and expect it to work 

I wonder why Bylsma didn't want to see them together then for an extended period. I mean, we all rip Bylsma...but say Girgs plays there next season and the two work great together, the guy shouldn't ever coach in the NHL again if something that glaringly obvious was staring him in the face and he missed it.

It's one thing for me, joe-hockey watcher to underestimate Girgs, another completely for a salaried NHL coach to not do their due diligence.

He shouldn't coach in the nhl again anyways.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.