Memorable Playoff Goals

CGorman

Derek Plante Game 7 OT winner against Ottawa in 1997, also because Dad and I were at the game 20 rows behind the opposite goal. What a great scene is was after the game. Felt like we won the Cup.

Also, Dave Hannan in 4OT against the Devils at 2AM EST was a classic that I will never forget

I was also behind the opposite goal for the Plante shot about 30 rows up.

He took the shot and then the glass behind the net lit up like the sun in bright red. Awesome moment!

Nostalgia is all we've had the past six years, so let's open this up. Just give a random playoff goals that stuck with you for whatever reason.

Stu Barnes Game 5 v Pittsburgh - 2002

Watched this one alone in my house on a random spring Saturday (if memory is correct it was the day before easter). Just felt right, plus the ping of the post mixed with Johan Hedberg's (who we couldn't beat early in that series) utter shock at the power of the shot made it amazing. 

Great thread

I'll never forget the ping.  Stu's winner is one of my favorite goals, but the goal that stands out the most for me is the Drury goal.  It wasn't a game winner, but can refer to it as the series clincher.  Rangers had a lot of momentum.  Had Buffalo lost that game it would've been 3 straight.  Would've been a tough comeback in the series.  Rangers momentum was gone after that game.    

Everyone kissed Crosby's dupa for days after doing a one-handed backhanded goal against us this season. His greatest goal, goal of the year, etc. I submit the Sanderson goal, a long time ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFT5VOlnKNo#t=2m20s   

My other memorable playoff goal, which I couldn't find, was the day my Holzinger jersey arrived... and he promptly scored 2 goals 4/25/99 against the Sens in the Eastern quarterfinals. I loved that team. It was a shame Michal Grosek and Miro were injured in the Final. That was a fun run. (As was 05-06.)

Edited by DarthEbriate

This is the best one. For all you rookies the Sabres do have history prior to the 90's

That is true.  Before my time.  Thank you guys for the video and comment.  Still prefer my time though!  Go Drury!!!   :nana:

Edited by GoPre

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.