Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Jury still out on Derek Carr. Schneider fell into Wilson only after giving Flynn crazy contract in free agency. If anyone should have known better it was him. Want to try again(That hammer to head is your hint) there are none. Lucking into a great QB makes the GN, not the other way around.

There in no jury out on Carr, the guy is top 5 in the NFL and he can literally make  every throw.

I am no expert but from what I saw of Carr last year, if I could select ONE player to build an NFL team around, it would be him, no joke.

Not saying I disagree other then that I would choose Marriotts but people we both respect have said otherwise. Maybe it's the David Carr effect, who knows.

Carr will be interesting this year. Keep in mind that teams have had an entire offseason to look at game tape so he might have to adjust to that. Call it the Cardale Jones effect. 

This isn't his 2nd year doing it though, it's his 3rd. To me, your situation is more applicable to Prescott 

This isn't his 2nd year doing it though, it's his 3rd. To me, your situation is more applicable to Prescott 

The stat I care about is playoff success since that seems to be why those that want TT replaced draw their line. "He might be able to sneak in but he'll never win!" A lot of guys can put up Dalton numbers but is it any different if they can't win in January and February?

The stat I care about is playoff success since that seems to be why those that want TT replaced draw their line. "He might be able to sneak in but he'll never win!" A lot of guys can put up Dalton numbers but is it any different if they can't win in January and February?

Can't argue against that. Guess we'll know this year, unless he has another freak accident and breaks his leg.

Can't argue against that. Guess we'll know this year, unless he has another freak accident and breaks his leg.

I was just being a jerk but the point remains, as long as criteria for Tyrod is that he is only good enough to get into playoffs and lose, then anyone without a win is unproven.

I was just being a jerk but the point remains, as long as criteria for Tyrod is that he is only good enough to get into playoffs and lose, then anyone without a win is unproven.

He also pulled his team to 12 wins with a worse defense than Buffalo last year. QB's Lives Matter.

He also pulled his team to 12 wins with a worse defense than Buffalo last year. QB's Lives Matter.

Disagree with it if you will, but according to Football Outsider's defensive efficiency ratings, the Bills had the 27th ranked defense to Oakland's 22nd ranked defense, and 28th to Oakland's 20th when games toward the end of the season are weighted more heavily.

Disagree with it if you will, but according to Football Outsider's defensive efficiency ratings, the Bills had the 27th ranked defense to Oakland's 22nd ranked defense, and 28th to Oakland's 20th when games toward the end of the season are weighted more heavily.

The best defensive teams in NFL history allowed few points and yards. By the basic measure, Oakland was worse. I am not going to argue about what advanced metric is best. Just saying there is no need to overcomplicate things to make Tyrod look better.

The best defensive teams in NFL history allowed few points and yards. By the basic measure, Oakland was worse. I am not going to argue about what advanced metric is best. Just saying there is no need to overcomplicate things to make Tyrod look better.

There is no complicating things here to make Tyrod look better.  On a per-drive basis, Buffalo's defense allowed 0.7 fewer yards than Oakland's, but gave up .04 more points, while facing easier competition.

And what defenses have to do with Tyrod is beyond me.  That's your own projection.

There is no complicating things here to make Tyrod look better. On a per-drive basis, Buffalo's defense allowed 0.7 fewer yards than Oakland's, but gave up .04 more points, while facing easier competition.

And what defenses have to do with Tyrod is beyond me. That's your own projection.

Use whatever you want. The problem with advanced stats is you can use them to come up with whatever conclusion you want. That's why I personally like to keep it simple.

Use whatever you want. The problem with advanced stats is you can use them to come up with whatever conclusion you want. That's why I personally like to keep it simple.

So what you're saying is you're using simple stats to come up with the conclusion you want.  Got it.

So what you're saying is you're using simple stats to come up with the conclusion you want. Got it.

No, the opposite. I am saying is people use advanced stats to come up with the conclusion that they want.

The best defenses in NFL history all excel in yards and points allowed. No need to overcomplicate it. If you present an advanced stat is incumbent on you to present why it is superior.

Edited by jeffismagic

No, the opposite. I am saying is people use advanced stats to come up with the conclusion that they want.

The best defenses in NFL history all excel in yards and points allowed. No need to overcomplicate it. If you present an advanced stat is incumbent on you to present why it is superior.

The best defenses in NFL history all excel in advanced stats.  If you present a simple stat, it is incumbent on you to present why it is superior.

See what I did there?

Edited by JujuFish

I am no expert but from what I saw of Carr last year, if I could select ONE player to build an NFL team around, it would be him, no joke.

And Khalil Mack might be the best defensive player in the NFL. The Raiders got both Carr and Mack in the same draft. Talk about franchise-altering!