Dan Byslma Needs to Go?

WildCard

I think we can agree that there is currently a good coach not employed as a head coach in the NHL who is looking for their chance. Whether Murray can zero in on him is another matter, of course.

Sure, an up and comer may not necessarily jump at the first opportunity, but most opportunities are going to have various warts since good teams are normally having enough success to not create a vacancy...and if they do, they also carry a huge amount of "win now" pressure. And coaches don't want to miss their chance to make the jump, either. What if a hot junior coach passes, then has a couple of down years in junior, and all the sudden is off the NHL radar?

I just don't think any credible coach is going to say "Oh they fired Bylsma quickly because they thought he was doing a poor job, I better steer clear" when everything is taken into account. Hell, with the ego on these guys they probably think more along the lines of "He got fired for failing. I'm not not going to fail."

Yup. I feel like most of these guys would he thinking, "I can succeed where this guy failed, cause I have a better plan of action than that other guy."

Hell, we on this board talk like we think we could do a better job than DD, misguided or not. So you gotta believe professionals are going to think they have what it takes.

More Ottawa talent available, surprised Murray hasn't snatched him up already

I will say, if it came to pass that Bylsma got canned and replaced by Richardson, all the luster would officially be off Murray. Lehner, Bogo/Kane, Fasching, ROR (granted this was a HR, but still)...awful lot of "I liked this guy years ago, let me get him" type of evaluation going on.

I will say, if it came to pass that Bylsma got canned and replaced by Richardson, all the luster would officially be off Murray. Lehner, Bogo/Kane, Fasching, ROR (granted this was a HR, but still)...awful lot of "I liked this guy years ago, let me get him" type of evaluation going on.

Agreed

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.