Happy Labor Day ... OT

Neo

Happy Labor Day to all ...

While many of my pragmatic posts elevate capital and free choice to co-equals of labor in our way of life, I don't lose sight that we're all laborers. No economic or political system means anything unless it advances the interests of human beings. Laborer is our first, necessary and most important role in these systems. Life is hard work and we're all laborers. Thank you all for THIS service.

Konstantin Dmitrievich Levin

Edited by N'eo

Happy Labor Day to all ...

While many of my pragmatic posts elevate the role of capital and free choice to co-equal with labor in our way of life, I don't lose sight that we're all laborers. No economic or political system means anything unless it advances the interests of human beings. Laborer is our first, necessary and most important role in these systems. Life is hard work and we're all laborers. Thank you all for THIS service.

Konstantin Dmitrievich Levin

Shout out to all of us laboring on this day!!!!!!

I am spending my holiday reflecting. I think about things like the Haymarket Affair, the Triangle Shirtwaist fire and the Mayday Massacre. I think about strong individuals that put their own personal lives aside and dedicate their lives to the plight of labor like Mother Jones and Samuel Gomphers. I think about all those souls whose lives were dedicated to an employer in a most often times failing attempt to better the lives of their families. I think about the consequences of their untimely deaths. Then I think about the men that I've known personally who have suffered, died and have left a family to struggle without them. I remember the calling hours and seeing the faces of children whose dad is lying a box, just over there by the flowers. IMO labor is vital to a strong economy that grows constantly. Labor is the scaffolding that holds it all up as the pieces are being placed. We are the grease that keeps the wheels turning. Labor is the force that realizes the dreams of the few that employ. Yep. I'll take my time this holiday the be thankful for my lot in life and strengthen my resolve to do all I can to lift up and provide a better lot in life for those that are struggling. Unity is a powerful thing. We should all revisit the idea.

I am spending my holiday reflecting. I think about things like the Haymarket Affair, the Triangle Shirtwaist fire and the Mayday Massacre. I think about strong individuals that put their own personal lives aside and dedicate their lives to the plight of labor like Mother Jones and Samuel Gomphers. I think about all those souls whose lives were dedicated to an employer in a most often times failing attempt to better the lives of their families. I think about the consequences of their untimely deaths. Then I think about the men that I've known personally who have suffered, died and have left a family to struggle without them. I remember the calling hours and seeing the faces of children whose dad is lying a box, just over there by the flowers. IMO labor is vital to a strong economy that grows constantly. Labor is the scaffolding that holds it all up as the pieces are being placed. We are the grease that keeps the wheels turning. Labor is the force that realizes the dreams of the few that employ. Yep. I'll take my time this holiday the be thankful for my lot in life and strengthen my resolve to do all I can to lift up and provide a better lot in life for those that are struggling. Unity is a powerful thing. We should all revisit the idea.

Hear, hear!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.