Suspension and the Salary Cap

GASabresIUFAN

Ok, I know if someone gets' suspended for an on ice incident the NHL and NHLPA agree that that players salary during the suspension gets put into the Emergency Assistance Fund and continues to count against the cap.  

However, what if Kane gets suspended by GMTM or Bettman for the bar incident for the first 15 games of the season.  What happens to his salary and cap hit since this is an off the ice incident?  Anyone know?

Ok, I know if someone gets' suspended for an on ice incident the NHL and NHLPA agree that that players salary during the suspension gets put into the Emergency Assistance Fund and continues to count against the cap.  

However, what if Kane gets suspended by GMTM or Bettman for the bar incident for the first 15 games of the season.  What happens to his salary and cap hit since this is an off the ice incident?  Anyone know?

Hazarding a guess, the NHL will donate it to a charity....

I heard there's a navy boat in town with sailors on shore leave, so I'll take a swing at this.

50.10 Player Injuries, Illnesses and Suspensions.

© edit - this is a cee, not a copyright

For Players that are suspended, either by a Club or by the League, the Player
Salary and Bonuses that are not paid to such Players shall not count against a Club's Upper Limit
or against the Players' Share for the duration of the suspension, but the Club must have Payroll
Room for such Player's Player Salary and Bonuses in order for such Player to be able to return to
Play for the Club.

I think the real answer here is 'pigs fly.'
Edited by rakish

Any fine imposed on a player under NHL rules or it's by-laws is deducted from the players salary and given to the "Fund".

I saw an article about Voynov. His suspension was deemed a long term injury and LA was able to replace him with no hit to their cap. I assume it fell under the mentioned rule as Voynov was not paid during him suspension.

LTI and suspension are different yeah.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.