OT - John Murphy Show moving to 12-3

inkman

So Jim Rome is moving down the dial to 15 something and they are moving Murph to the noon to 3 slot. I like Murph. Seems like a great guy but his show is so bland. I could have seen something with Sal Cappacio or Matt Coller but I expect a snooze fest for the foreseeable future in that time slot.

I think this is part of the switch to MSG/WNY network where they will simulcast Buffalo sports programming. I agree Murph is kind of bland but he is also knowledgeable and not as confrontational as other sports hosts around who I think appear less knowledgeable than Murph.

I think this is part of the switch to MSG/WNY network where they will simulcast Buffalo sports programming. I agree Murph is kind of bland but he is also knowledgeable and not as confrontational as other sports hosts around who I think appear less knowledgeable than Murph.

Yup. It'll start for first day of training camp. I agree with inkman, Murph's show is just so bland.

Theres other shows they are gonna have on MSG though, including a evening Bills show. I'm sure Sal will get in somewhere. He's a real good talent and i'm sure they will use him to the fullest.

I am okay with Sal or Coller but prefer Murph over the rest of the sports guys on WGR. Of course that's really not saying much.

Why?

There is no doubt he has the most buffalo team knowledge of their broadcasters as its an integral part of his job. I wouldn't call the morning or afternoon hosts confrontational as they rarely confront anyone. Passive aggressive perhaps. At least Jeremy and Howard try to know anything about the teams. Schopp's knowledge is embarrassingly sparse and what he does know is only through the lens he deems adequate (100% stats based). My issue with Murph isn't his lack of teeth (figuratively), its the fact that I feel like I'm listening to a boring coworker talk about his fantasy team. I stop caring 3 words into any conversation.

Why?

There is no doubt he has the most buffalo team knowledge of their broadcasters as its an integral part of his job. I wouldn't call the morning or afternoon hosts confrontational as they rarely confront anyone. Passive aggressive perhaps. At least Jeremy and Howard try to know anything about the teams. Schopp's knowledge is embarrassingly sparse and what he does know is only through the lens he deems adequate (100% stats based). My issue with Murph isn't his lack of teeth (figuratively), its the fact that I feel like I'm listening to a boring coworker talk about his fantasy team. I stop caring 3 words into any conversation.

You wouldn't call Schopp confrontational?!  I like the guy, but he's definitely confrontational.

You wouldn't call Schopp confrontational?! I like the guy, but he's definitely confrontational.

Idk which one, but one of them definitely is.Every caller is deemed an idiot and cut off. Even when he had Hamilton on the other day, and asked Hamilton which players were in which group for the Dev camp, he got all pissy and cut off Hamilton after he mentioned which group Nylander was in and started naming the rest of the rosters

How often does he confront guests? Everyone is treated with kid gloves. Especially Sabres and Bills employees.

How often does he confront guests? Everyone is treated with kid gloves. Especially Sabres and Bills employees.

That does not appear the MO at WGR.

I remember how Howard used to be buddy-buddy with Chan Gailey during interviews (by way of example), and be just the opposite when they were not interviewing him/he was off the air.

Edited by Peter

Why?

Worst of the worst picks.........#1 Schopp and Bullcrap and #2 Andrew Peters. Simon and White by default okay. So failing grades go to (drum roll please!) WGR as a wannabe sports station.

Oh I meant with respect to his audience.

I agree with this. Schopp won't listen to 5 words a caller has to say before he castigates him as an idiot and goes on a 5 minute tirade about how stupid the guy is.

Worst of the worst picks.........#1 Schopp and Bullcrap and #2 Andrew Peters. Simon and White by default okay. So failing grades go to (drum roll please!) WGR as a wannabe sports station.

Its odd that a city the size of Buffalo with such passionate fans allows for this. I think Rochester's guys are significantly better and they barely exist.

Edited by inkman

I agree with this. Schopp won't listen to 5 words a caller has to say before he castigates him as an idiot and goes on a 5 minute tirade about how stupid the guy is.

Its odd that a city the size of Buffalo with such passionate fans allows for this. I think Rochester's guys are significantly better and they barely exist.

Tell me how/when to listen to the Roch folks (I have the TuneIn app) and I'll get on it.

Dan Moriarity is on 3-6 weekdays although I havent heard him in a week or so. Not sure if its vaca. His sub Carl Falk is equaly adept. Its on I heart radio 1280 WHTK.(tune in usually works too)

Dan Moriarity show was cancelled. As was the Radio press box (Gene Battaglia's show).

Dan Moriarity show was cancelled. As was the Radio press box (Gene Battaglia's show).

I thought the pressbox was borello and pitioniak?

Falk has been on the last week and I've always enjoyed him. Someone congratulated him last show so I'm guessing he's filling in either short or long term.

I thought the pressbox was borello and pitioniak?

Falk has been on the last week and I've always enjoyed him. Someone congratulated him last show so I'm guessing he's filling in either short or long term.

Im not sure, i barely ever listen. I thought it was Battaglia the main guy and Borello and Pitoniak came in as regular guests?

Not sure what the plans are but they havn't announced long term replacements yet. Heard it'll be another month or so before they have anything concrete. I know that Pat Duffy will be hosting a Bills training camp show but i'm not sure about which time slot.

Im not sure, i barely ever listen. I thought it was Battaglia the main guy and Borello and Pitoniak came in as regular guests?

Not sure what the plans are but they havn't announced long term replacements yet. Heard it'll be another month or so before they have anything concrete. I know that Pat Duffy will be hosting a Bills training camp show but i'm not sure about which time slot.

I'm pretty annoyed the cancelled Moriarity. Everyone I talk to thoroughly enjoys the show.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.