Have Things Changed for the Sabres?

WildCard

Slow your roll. We need to see players prove themselves before we can even talk this.

You saw what Eichel and Reinhart did as rooks. Do you really hold doubt in your heart that we're going to become contenders within 2-3 years? I don't at all.

That seems neither here nor there.

With what Freeman was saying, winning is almost exactly the same as having the talent with which to win.

Chad Johnson is from Saskatoon, which isn't terribly far from Calgary, he wanted to play close to home.   

Zatloff was from Detroit and signed with LA.  Chad never had an agreement to back out of.

Zatloff was from Detroit and signed with LA.  Chad never had an agreement to back out of.

That was the general consensus among the Twitter chatter. TM said that the goalie who reneged was not CJ

Everything has changed. The team is making strides to be on par with the winningest franchises in the game. Not everyone has had continued success throughout their NHL lifetimes, all teams have had slumps, bad seasons, missed playoffs and been at the bottom of the league just like the Sabres were. The top teams today aren't that far removed from there, it's amazing what a couple top 5 picks can do for a franchise(Oilers excluded)

I will give you the chance to edit "winning" out of your post. Just admit it shouldn't be there. But if you want to fight, it'll be a tough one. I expect you'll go with "winning=committed to winning/first class owners."

You've been very vocal about the team not winning yet. But everyone can see it coming from a mile away. With a core of ROR, Samson, Eichel, and Risto it's only a matter of time before we're contenders. Kyle Okposo saw it.

Well, qwk may be a little too optimistic here, but I would make a similar point in response to PA -- yes, the Sabres aren't there yet, but it's fair to expect them to make the playoffs this year, and all indications are that they are a team on the rise.

I'd also say that if the Sabres were contenders already, they'd have presented a more compelling alternative for Stamkos.  Perhaps next summer that will be the case for Tavares.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.