OT - Buffalo Bandits lacrosse talk goes right here.

JohnRobertEichel

So the championship game is this Saturday night, 7:30pm, at the F*%&ING C. This is the first time the Bandits have reached the finals since the 2008 season.

Rookie assistant coach, John Tavares, has been working his magic on the offense all season. Dhane Smith has become an absolute monster, setting the league record for most goals and most points in a season. Ryan Benesch isn't so bad either. Anthony Cosmo, Mark Steenhuis, and Billie Dee Smith have been steady and reliable vets. Steve Priolo has been playing like a top 3 league defenseman for a while now. And head coach, Troy Cordingly, has the chance to become the first coach in NLL history to win a championship with 3 different franchises.

All 8 of the aforementioned may end up in the NLL Hall of Fame one day, so this is a chance to watch a legendary team in live action. Maybe not quite as legendary as the Bandits teams from 92-97, but how often does a Buffalonian get to see a pro sports team win a championship, anyway? So if you've bothered to read this thread, then you might as well also try to get to the game! Let's pack our house and get loud Saturday night!!!

Someday I'm going to own Bandits seasons. Someday.

The last year I lived in Buffalo as a kid was the Bandits first season, and my Dad and I had season tix (we left Buffalo in 92).  We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into, but that was the most fun we had.  I think we enjoyed the Bandits games (and corresponding Championship) more than the Sabres games we went to.

Had seasons the 2nd, 3rd, 4th years of their existence.  Those games were hella fun.  Saw a game from a suite about 5, maybe 6 years ago.  The game and arena experience has changed.  Or maybe I have.  Probably alot of both.  Didn't enjoy it.  Not even a little.

Had seasons the 2nd, 3rd, 4th years of their existence.  Those games were hella fun.  Saw a game from a suite about 5, maybe 6 years ago.  The game and arena experience has changed.  Or maybe I have.  Probably alot of both.  Didn't enjoy it.  Not even a little.

I always wondered if the experience changed at all once the Bandits left the Aud.  I've only seen them there, and feel the smaller venue suits the game and atmosphere.  After having left Buffalo, I did see the Bandits in Toronto vs. the Rock at Maple Leaf Gardens once (before they turned it into a supermarket or whatever) and that was an awesome experience.  But again, old, intimate venue.

The last year I lived in Buffalo as a kid was the Bandits first season, and my Dad and I had season tix (we left Buffalo in 92).  We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into, but that was the most fun we had.  I think we enjoyed the Bandits games (and corresponding Championship) more than the Sabres games we went to.

Hell yeah, same here! Seasons 1,2 and 3, what a blast. I remember the very first home game, they never opened the upper level not expecting much of a crowd. The demand was through the roof, not only did they open the upper level for the next game, I'm pretty sure they sold out every game those first three years. It wasn't very commercialized back then, the tickets were cheap, it made the whole experience great. That was back in the day when there guys had regular jobs and made $150 for each game.

We've, I think the experience has changed. Those Bandits games were more exciting than almost all hockey games I've been to since. If it's you and not he game, then it's both of us.

I always wondered if the experience changed at all once the Bandits left the Aud. I've only seen them there, and feel the smaller venue suits the game and atmosphere. After having left Buffalo, I did see the Bandits in Toronto vs. the Rock at Maple Leaf Gardens once (before they turned it into a supermarket or whatever) and that was an awesome experience. But again, old, intimate venue.

Alot if it is the cheerleading over the pa now. I dont remember it being so obnoxious. Even my then 13 yr old son thought it was weird. And alot less fighting the last time. Just felt like a very different fan experience.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.