Field Sobriety Test: Should the Sabres Consider Trading for Thomas Vanek?

Mustache of God

What if there's a real connection, an almost father-son relationship, between Matt and Jack, and Matt thinks his contract will hurt Jack's chances at winning? Does that move the needle?

He does have 318 goals in the NHL.

Moulson is known to be a devoted husband/father. He'll always put his family first and that's the way it should be. Moulson may want to increase Eichel's chances at winning, but that will not change things. Family will always be his top priority.  I have a lot of respect for Moulson and have high hopes he returns to a high level of play next season. That right there would increase Eichel's chances at winning. 

Y'all are going to eat your words. Moulson plays better next year and smaller goalie equipment has no effect on scoring. Get ready.  :P

I'm with you on the goalie equipment, anyway :)

And I'm with him on the Moulson side of that.

Y'all are going to eat your words. Moulson plays better next year and smaller goalie equipment has no effect on scoring. Get ready.  :P

Well said.  :thumbsup: Average goalie size is larger today than those in the past. In my opinion, a combination of smaller equipment and an increase in size of goals would lead to higher scoring. That is something to consider. 

Edited by GoPre

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.