The Marcus Foligno Thread

Doohickie

I just saw that the most frequently used line combination by the Sabres this season so far is actually Eichel, Kane, and...Foligno. I'm sure his play has a lot to do with it, but that's also a nice pair of bodyguards for Jack.

Hopefully Marcus thrives running with company like that.  He did set Jack up for his first goal.

Edited by Robins Egg

Our forward group is very well rounded.  Grit almost across the board, and lots of different kinds of grit, too.  You have the heavies of McGinn, Foligno, and Deslauriers.  The defensively sharp Legwand, Larsson, Girgensons, Gionta, and O'Reilly.  Kane is a relentless power forward.  The closest any of our forwards are to soft are Reinhart and Moulson.  Moulson still grinds in the slot and Reinhart is still a kid.

This is an exciting time.

Agreed. Also, Reinhart appears to have grit of a different variety, he looks to be very mentally strong.

My sense is that Foligno kind of flies under the radar because he moves the puck, but doesn't carry it much.  He gets the puck, knows where it's going next, and gets it there.  The Risto goal you could argue was just lucky with a long shot going in from the point, but the Eich and McCabe goals were a direct result of Foligno putting it in a prime scoring area when the player was just getting there.  Hockey sense indeed.

Just a comment:  Interesting to see in other threads the talk of Marcus Foligno as an asset to be used to build a forward line.  I liked him (largely because of his legacy) but I didn't know if he was really "good enough" for a long term NHL career.  So far this year (yes I know small sample) but DD's system seems well suited to Foligno's game and is showing off a higher level of skill than was apparent under TN.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.