Your New Year's Posting Resolutions

PASabreFan

How's your grandma doing? I seem to recall she had a fall or a few falls, a broken hip maybe? Good for you for helping to take care of her.

Better than she has been in a long time, actually.  The second fall was very bad, but she's made a full recovery (she can walk as well she did before the first fall, even better, maybe).  We let go the woman who let it happen, and we were able to hire a much better caretaker to share the load with me.  My gramma turns 89 on October 26th and she's still physically going strong.  Today, she and I sat in the backyard and watched the sunset through the forest and I played her some music.  Things are going well and my mother is much less stressed about the day to day care.

Edited by qwksndmonster

Better than she has been in a long time, actually.  The second fall was very bad, but she's made a full recovery (she can walk as well she did before the first fall, even better, maybe).  We let go the woman who let it happen, and we were able to hire a much better caretaker to share the load with me.  My gramma turns 89 on October 26th and she's still physically going strong.  Today, she and I sat in the backyard and watched the sunset through the forest and I played her some music.  Things are going well and my mother is much less stressed about the day to day care.

Your Grandmother is a very lucky person to have you in her life. You seem to feel the same about your Grandmother. Special, very special. 

Edit, I may seem corny, but I am very sincere. Not even sure I need to put this in but ... 

Edited by Woods-Racer

Your Grandmother is a very lucky person to have you in her life. You seem to feel the same about your Grandmother. Special, very special. 

Edit, I may seem corny, but I am very sincere. Not even sure I need to put this in but ... 

It's just an excuse not to go to college or get a real job  :ph34r:   Thanks Woods.  I have a great family and I feel so fortunate to be close to so many of them.

Edited by qwksndmonster

I thought you were going to a Suny school? No more?

I got accepted to Buffalo and Stony Brook, but deferred.  Still not really sure what I wanna do.  Caretaking for gramma is a really nice lifestyle for writing music and fiction + I get to be around my nephew.  I don't feel motivated enough to go back to school yet.  Last year of classes was pretty soul sucking.

I got accepted to Buffalo and Stony Brook, but deferred.  Still not really sure what I wanna do.  Caretaking for gramma is a really nice lifestyle for writing music and fiction + I get to be around my nephew.  I don't feel motivated enough to go back to school yet.  Last year of classes was pretty soul sucking.

It's an experience you won't regret. I've been there. As difficult as it was, I cherish those times. I'm glad to hear she's doing better. I was afraid from the pic she might be bedridden or something. The cat sure has it made. Not as made as the teddy bear... heyoooo.

I know the feeling. I feel so...done with school. A lot of my classes are pretty pointless for what I want to do, but are required. Between how boring they are and their irrelevance it's been a huge struggle to get motivation. All I want to do is graduate, get a job, find a lady, and get a dog. Not gonna lie, the dog will probably happen first, but I hear it helps with meeting people

I know the feeling. I feel so...done with school. A lot of my classes are pretty pointless for what I want to do, but are required. Between how boring they are and their irrelevance it's been a huge struggle to get motivation. All I want to do is graduate, get a job, find a lady, and get a dog. Not gonna lie, the dog will probably happen first, but I hear it helps with meeting people

My dog is a chick magnet. My wife is not...It's a good thing that I like my wife!

Seriously though, everyone stops me to ask about my dog. "awe! What is he? He looks just like a little fox! Can I pet him?" My dog rocks.

Oh and qwk, you're a great family person. You've got lots of time for school. Keep doing your thing and you'll be a lot happier in the long run.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.