Roster review #9 Evander Kane

dudacek

Evander Kane  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think Evander Kane's career will play out in Buffalo?

• He will be a legitimate first-line winger and a key cog in a playoff contender
    • He will play well, but will leave fans wanting more
    • He will continue his pattern of alienating people and will be gone by the time his contract is up

Shot in the dark here, but I think Ovi might score 99% of his goals making one-timers rain on the goal from the left circle on the power play. He is a true monster from that spot.

Shot in the dark for not, you're right on. Ovechkin has been declining at even strength for years now (insert clutching and grabbing complaint here) but he is still a transcendent PP scorer.

Kane is a wild card because we don't know what we are actually getting. His shoulder surgery changes the player from what he was when he played injured and he will also have better centers.  I think he can put it all together, his mindset seems right but I wonder if he starts slow and then around january we really see him start to excel.  I think the entire team might start a little slow and then ramp it up as they get comfortable.

Wise.

I went with option #2, not because I think he'll play below a first line level, but because I think most fans still have unrealistic expectations for what the production of a first line player looks like in today's NHL. I think he's good for 25-30 goals and another 25-30 assists for around 55 points. That could go higher if he stays fully healthy, but I expect him to miss around 10 games, give or take a couple. That is first line production, but I'm fairly confident there will be plenty of fans who find it disappointing.

Also wise.

I think it will take him a bit of time to get going, like the rest of the team, and there will always be a few people who want more, but I really think he's going to be a great player for us, a true sniper.

As for his passing abilities, they are underrated. If you go back and look at some of his assists from last year, many of them are quite nice.

Kane forechecks like nobody in the league. He hits everything in the other uniform. He likes the fisticuffs and will stick up for his team mates. He will play through as much pain as the doctor will let him. He has a great shot and loves to shoot.  He will probably be your fastest skater. A true goal scorer. Kane plays an old school brand of hockey that isn't seen very often any more. VERY dangerous on the PK.

Kane forechecks like nobody in the league. He hits everything in the other uniform. He likes the fisticuffs and will stick up for his team mates. He will play through as much pain as the doctor will let him. He has a great shot and loves to shoot.  He will probably be your fastest skater. A true goal scorer. Kane plays an old school brand of hockey that isn't seen very often any more. VERY dangerous on the PK.

Sounds like a player that was made for Buffalo fans.

+40 goal scorer if he reaches potential and probably 3-4 fights thrown in there too. You guys will love his style of play. He only has one speed and plays old-time hockey.

What I personally, liked about Kane was that he would take no prisoners. If you were not a Jet, you were the enemy. He sticks up for his team mates without hesitation. Give him a dirty hit or stick and you paid the price. His speed is world class and he forechecks like a pitbull. He has an NHL shot and loves to use it.

Good info here.

I'm convinced O'Reilly and Kane are a match made in heaven - complementary skills and they will make each better.

I hope Ennis fits smoothly in on the right side and we have the best line this team has seen in a generation.

I agree, for next season. Going forward though, I think Kane would look even better centered by Reinhart. Their skill sets seem to mesh perfectly, at least in theory. A Kane-Reinhart combination on a second line could be deadly, particularily with O'Reilly - Eichel on the top line.

To me our future core 1LW - 1C, 2 LW - 2C is set with those 4.

I agree, for next season. Going forward though, I think Kane would look even better centered by Reinhart. Their skill sets seem to mesh perfectly, at least in theory. A Kane-Reinhart combination on a second line could be deadly, particularily with O'Reilly - Eichel on the top line.

Agreed. I've been touting Reinhart Kane for months.

Wonder how long it will take Sam to push Ryan to the wing.

Good info here.

I'm more turned on than D4rk reading about Teddy Roosevelt.

I'm more turned on than D4rk reading about Teddy Roosevelt.

Zing!

Agreed. I've been touting Reinhart Kane for months.

Wonder how long it will take Sam to push Ryan to the wing.

If I was a betting man, and I'm not (only poker and only occasionaly), I'd say sometime in the 16/17 season, maybe even at the beginning. O'Reilly had his best statistical season at LW, he fits in great at that position. I think him and Eichel would be dynamite, and with Sam clearly fitting best at center, if things go to plan Sam will take his permanent spot on the second line in a year or so.

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.