Phil Housley Inducted into HOF

3putt

So happy he made it in. He played a long time and for too many teams, but he was a really good player. His points, and cup win were enough to finally get him in. I compare him to a Fred McGriff of MLB (who hasn't made it yet).

:huh:

He made it out of the 1st round exactly TWICE in his entire career, and the 1 time he made it to the finals it was the Sabres his team beat to get there. Where they ended up getting smoked in 4.

Edited by Taro T

:huh:

He made it out of the 1st round exactly TWICE in his entire career, and the 1 time he made it to the finals it was the Sabres his team beat to get there. Where they ended up getting smoked in 4.

1996 World Cup of Hockey is what Cerebral must have meant.

I always felt he was under appreciated. Reading this thread confirms that lol

Great point shot. Great career. I just don't think he was ever close to being one of the best defense-men of all-time. (Or the best defense-man on his own team) Which is what putting him in the hall says about him. I don't think the Sabres should retire his number before Mike Ramsey. 

Choice between Housley and Ramsey I take Ramsey every time. 

I agree with the sentiment that he was a great player but not Hall of Fame worthy.

What I still can't believe after thinking about it for three days is that he played for the Csps in the 88 playoff series. I'm sure I watched every minute of that series, was at every home game and still don't remember him playing.

I agree with the sentiment that he was a great player but not Hall of Fame worthy.

What I still can't believe after thinking about it for three days is that he played for the Csps in the 88 playoff series. I'm sure I watched every minute of that series, was at every home game and still don't remember him playing.

Blatently hauled down a Sabre in the 3rd period of game 6 during a Caps pp - no call. (YES, freaking Wimpley actually touched someone.) :angry:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.