DDB...Yea or Nay?

LabattBlue

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Bylsma hiring

• Yes
    • No

Agreed with regards to the coaching hire. With regards to Eichel, there is no reason to have a "fool me once" attitude. It's good to keep expectations reasonable, but we haven't had a player of his caliber come to Buffalo in recent memory, never mind one that disappointed.

Does your memory go back to Pierre Turgeon?   :devil:

tumblr_nhf3qucCeu1ru8tgjo1_250.gif

So, what? You bummed you didn't get one of those sweet Stinky Pete posters that Laux was selling for 4 bits a pop back in November of '91? :lol:

Pretty sure they finally ended up giving them away for nothing if you'd buy a pair of sneakers. :lol: DARN the bad luck that my 2nd stint in the south started up before they got that desperate.

Does your memory go back to Pierre Turgeon?   :devil:

Stinky Pete didn't disappoint. He turned into the Sabres all-time single season point scoring leader. ;)

Also, I said "recent" memory  :P

Edited by Thorny

So, what? You bummed you didn't get one of those sweet Stinky Pete posters that Laux was selling for 4 bits a pop back in November of '91? :lol:

Pretty sure they finally ended up giving them away for nothing if you'd buy a pair of sneakers. :lol: DARN the bad luck that my 2nd stint in the south started up before they got that desperate.

Laux.  Love it.  Got an authentic classic (blue-n-gold) Sabres home (white) sweater for $29 there as soon as the Sabs switched to that Elmer's Glue nonsense.  I was a student then, so the discount was pretty important.  It was the first pro sports jersey/sweater/whatever of any kind that I owned.

As for the question at hand, the guy's no Lindy Ruff, but I'll give him a chance.

Edited by Eleven

Laux.  Love it.  Got an authentic classic (blue-n-gold) Sabres home (white) sweater for $29 there as soon as the Sabs switched to that Elmer's Glue nonsense.  I was a student then, so the discount was pretty important.  It was the first pro sports jersey/sweater/whatever of any kind that I owned.

As for the question at hand, the guy's no Lindy Ruff, but I'll give him a chance.

That's a pretty sweet deal. Pretty sure the replicas I bought from them around the time La-La showed up were $35.

It cracked me up when they were stuck w/ all the 77 merchandise and they couldn't even get a buck for the posters.

Got two of them for that same deal.  Boulevard Mall location.  Still have both.  Still no name or numbers on them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.