How would the 2014 NHL draft unfold if we did it again today?

Claude_Verret

Not the same question as SDS posed, but interesting article on how a 2014 draft re-do would play out based on a committee of scouts and GM's.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/how-would-the-2014-nhl-draft-unfold-if-we-did-it-again-today/

"The Winnipeg Jets are on the cover of this year’s Future Watch. Their list of prospects and 21-and-under NHLers was graded the best in the NHL."

"The Winnipeg Jets are on the cover of this year’s Future Watch. Their list of prospects and 21-and-under NHLers was graded the best in the NHL."

I was just going to comment on that. Did Armia and LittleLe-mew (I'm not going to look up the spelling) shift the balance of power?

Well we did trade them 2 of our best prospects so not surprised. It really depends on if Murray uses both 1st round picks this year and if that 2nd first round pick is taken in the 20's or sooner.  Either way I am not concerned.  Risto and Zemgus aren't considered prospects and Grigorenko and Larsson have only recently started to show their abilities.  With Sam Reinhart and our 2015 1st added to the mix, I think we have a very strong pool.  

Pastrnak is the perfect example of why you shouldn't judge every player based on size.  CoughMarnerCough

Funny how we all zeroed in on that, eh?

That's what they were saying about the Sabres last year, eh? Maybe a Jets/Sabres Cup final in a few years? Could be an interesting reunion for the players that were traded this year.

This list makes me wonder what we would have done if the Isles didn't defer their first to us until this year. Would we have picked Dal Colle? Or Nik Ritchie?

I remember wanting the Isles to defer because of this year being a better draft but who knew they'd improve this much?

This list makes me wonder what we would have done if the Isles didn't defer their first to us until this year. Would we have picked Dal Colle? Or Nik Ritchie?

I remember wanting the Isles to defer because of this year being a better draft but who knew they'd improve this much?

I was definitely hoping for a deferral too.  I underestimated Garth Snow one too many times, apparently.

Well we did trade them 2 of our best prospects so not surprised. It really depends on if Murray uses both 1st round picks this year and if that 2nd first round pick is taken in the 20's or sooner.  Either way I am not concerned.  Risto and Zemgus aren't considered prospects and Grigorenko and Larsson have only recently started to show their abilities.  With Sam Reinhart and our 2015 1st added to the mix, I think we have a very strong pool.  

Pastrnak is the perfect example of why you shouldn't judge every player based on size.  CoughMarnerCough

You are right on the money, but GMs will consistently fall into the "size trap" until the end of time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.