Ow, my eyes.

PromoTheRobot

They have every single other element of the Sabres sweaters through the years (minus laces up front, which wasn't specific to the Sabres) except the shoulder patches. What gives? (Actually, pretty sure they also dropped the circled 1 for when Crozier passed.)

dfDelzD.jpg

Please don't let Ted Black see this.

They have every single other element of the Sabres sweaters through the years (minus laces up front, which wasn't specific to the Sabres) except the shoulder patches. What gives? (Actually, pretty sure they also dropped the circled 1 for when Crozier passed.)

Please don't let Ted Black see this.

He's salivating at his second helping of turd burger.

Per this article - I did not know that the Sabres were "famous for their terrible uniforms". Yeah, the slug logo sucked, but the jerseys that the logo was on were OK. And I admit to not liking the switch to black, red and silver in the 90s but the sweaters themselves were cool. (The original and current Sabres' jerseys are still awesome).

Yes, Vancouver had those weird jerseys with the giant "V" on the front and the logos on the sleeves. THOSE were terrible. (While we're at it, the current LA Kings jerseys are a snooze-fest. Any jersey that looks the same in black-and-white and color photos does not have a lot going for it. Good thing the team plays well...)

Per this article - I did not know that the Sabres were "famous for their terrible uniforms". Yeah, the slug logo sucked, but the jerseys that the logo was on were OK. And I admit to not liking the switch to black, red and silver in the 90s but the sweaters themselves were cool. (The original and current Sabres' jerseys are still awesome).

Yes, Vancouver had those weird jerseys with the giant "V" on the front and the logos on the sleeves. THOSE were terrible. (While we're at it, the current LA Kings jerseys are a snooze-fest. Any jersey that looks the same in black-and-white and color photos does not have a lot going for it. Good thing the team plays well...)

Sabres aren't famous for terrible uniforms, but the terrible Sabres uniforms are famous.

Per this article - I did not know that the Sabres were "famous for their terrible uniforms".

I had the same thought. Then I figured maybe the writer is younger than me and only remembers back to the Goat Head. If that's the case and they're only looking back about 15 years, yeah, it's been terrible until just recently.

They can't really do the jersey collage of our uniform justice without showing off the sweet gray pit stains or the cape effect of having a jersey that's primarily yellow in the front and blue on the shoulders and down the back. It doesn't even show the slug in its full glory. They could have made their Frankenstein version much more of an eye sore.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.