Road trip to Buffalo

Tony P

I'm bringing the missus to Buffalo for a sports weekend in October and want to take in the Sabres game on Friday 10/17. She's not a big hockey fan but knows I really want to go to a game this time back home.

I know next to nothing about the FNC and want to get seats that will offer her either a very exciting time (like along the glass) or a very comfortable experience (like in the club behind the goal).

When I called tickets.com, got an automated system that told me there is no event that night. I called FNC and was told individual tix don't go on sale until right around 9/1. So it looks like I have some time but like to plan ahead.

Any advice anyone can offer on getting tix in these areas or... better ideas?

Thanks!

Tony.

Edited by Tony P

I'm bringing the missus to Buffalo for a sports weekend in October and want to take in the Sabres game on Friday 10/17. She's not a big hockey fan but knows I really want to go to a game this time back home.

I know next to nothing about the FNC and want to get seats that will offer her either a very exciting time (like along the glass) or a very comfortable experience (like in the club behind the goal).

When I called tickets.com, got an automated system that told me there is no event that night. I called FNC and was told individual tix don't go on sale until right around 9/1. So it looks like I have some time but like to plan ahead.

Any advice anyone can offer on getting tix in these areas or... better ideas?

Thanks!

Tony.

In terms of seats, mid way up in the 100s if you have the money, or if you'd rather save, center ice in the low - mid 300s aren't bad.

Chz is absolutely right though - look into stub hub

I would advise anywhere in the 200's so your missus (wife, gf, other?) is cozy and taken care of. I also think they're great seats. On the hub, you're likely to get a good price closer to game-time.

At worst, if you wait until the afternoon of the game, you're likely to find SOMETHING cheap. My second choice would be the loge - first two rows of the 300's, and third, the last rows of the 100's. Your missus (wife, gf, other?) will just hate the glass if she's not into it.

Good advice so far.

Sizzle makes a good point about the seats along the glass. If your gal is the sort of person who's into woopin' and hollerin' and the spectacle of the guys rubbing each other out (/Butthead's huh-huh/), then those seats might make sense. I think most non-hockey ladies would prefer to sit in a more commodious spot where they can get a dessert and people-watch a bit.*** I would look for the shoots-twice end, in the lower bowl but above the glass line.

***My apologies if that offends any of the ladies -- especially Mrs. Pegula. My observations are based on having attended no fewer than 20 hockey games with a variety of other couples where one or both of the wives were not much into the game, but had a good time just the same.

I would advise anywhere in the 200's so your missus (wife, gf, other?) is cozy and taken care of. I also think they're great seats. On the hub, you're likely to get a good price closer to game-time.

At worst, if you wait until the afternoon of the game, you're likely to find SOMETHING cheap. My second choice would be the loge - first two rows of the 300's, and third, the last rows of the 100's. Your missus (wife, gf, other?) will just hate the glass if she's not into it.

Is the 200 level where the club seats are? Cheap isn't really a priority 'cause I go to about 1 game every 5 years :(. So when I do go, I like it to be nice expereince for both of us. And my wife does like it cozy/comfy. Are there certain seats that gain access to the Harbor club or is that any entirely different deal?

This is the first time I've tried to use the Sabres' site for researching tickets and isit me or is it not terribly helpful. I visited stub hub and will probably go that route in the end but want to be sure as to what I'm buying.

Thanks!!!

Tony.

You want to target the 200 level then. Basically any seat will be fine, but, obviously, if you have the chance, grab a pair that is not on the ends or in the corners. The entire 200 is the "club level", you have amenities the other two levels don't have. I can't recall if that gets you into the Harbor Club. I let my mini pack lapse before last season.

...I think most non-hockey ladies would prefer to sit in a more commodious spot where they can get a dessert and people-watch a bit.*** I would look for the shoots-twice end, in the lower bowl but above the glass line...

LOL - sounds like you know my wife! So, should I be looking at 200 level?

You want to target the 200 level then. Basically any seat will be fine, but, obviously, if you have the chance, grab a pair that is not on the ends or in the corners. The entire 200 is the "club level", you have amenities the other two levels don't have. I can't recall if that gets you into the Harbor Club. I let my mini pack lapse before last season.

Cool. Thanks a lot Sizzle. I guess that's where I'll start and go from there.

Tony.

Is the 200 level where the club seats are?

Yes.

Are there certain seats that gain access to the Harbor club or is that any entirely different deal?

The Harbour Club of the 200-level is, I think, specific to those who have 200-level seats. That's a nice spot, provided you can find a table to take over.

The Harbour Club at the 100 level -- which is that area where they have pre-game dining, banquets, and such -- has been re-branded and re-named (see below). The Lexus Club opens up during and throughout the game. I find it to be more of a zoo than anything. I took a young colleague to a game last season, and wound up stuck there for most of the game as he was hotly courted by a couple of cougars.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=647839

You want to target the 200 level then.

Agreed.

Yes.

The Harbour Club of the 200-level is, I think, specific to those who have 200-level seats. That's a nice spot, provided you can find a table to take over.

The Harbour Club at the 100 level -- which is that area where they have pre-game dining, banquets, and such -- has been re-branded and re-named (see below). The Lexus Club opens up during and throughout the game. I find it to be more of a zoo than anything. I took a young colleague to a game last season, and wound up stuck there for most of the game as he was hotly courted by a couple of cougars.

http://sabres.nhl.co...s.htm?id=647839

Agreed.

Thanks Aud. I was in the Harbor Club the last time I was at a game and it is very nice but you are correct that it's not easy to get a table.

Looks like 200 level will be the way to go for us. Only a few seats available right now but hopefully, more will come up as we get closer.

Thanks again!

Tony.

Thanks Aud. I was in the Harbor Club the last time I was at a game and it is very nice but you are correct that it's not easy to get a table.

Looks like 200 level will be the way to go for us. Only a few seats available right now but hopefully, more will come up as we get closer.

Thanks again!

Tony.

After STH's get their ducats, more will open up. IIRC, they usually go out mid-September.

Yeah 200 seems like a good compromise. But I'd suggest you save the bolded part for after the game :P

Edited by cdexchange

Funny you mention this. I am going up with my wife in October (for the Bruins game the next day 10/18 and then the Vikings on Sunday) and opted for the back of the 100 level (row 19 I believe), near the shoot-twice blue line. I actually got the tickets on stubhub already, since were are planning travel around it. It will be her first live NHL game, although she sat through many a Sabres game last year on Center Ice. We are very pumped.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.