Anybody try getting Center Ice free/reduced from DirecTV?

eball

NHL Game Center is awesome. I can watch 4 games at once on my PC. I can watch a game on my iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Sony TV, Xbox ETC.....I have Comcast Blast (up to 50MB) and rarely have an issue.

NHL Center Ice on DTV is pretty limited and had it last year, I only have 1 box with DTV so I can't watch the game in my other rooms, but with my apple tv's that I have in other rooms I can watch it with NHL Cente Ice

• 9 months later...

I got Sunday ticket and center ice bundled yesterday. First three months I'm paying $45, fourth month I'm paying $50, months five and six I'm paying $31. $246 total for both.

This is my first time getting center ice, I always got gamecenter and watch on the PS3. Is this a decent price or should I have stuck with gamecenter and watched on the PS4 (Purchased yesterday. Yay me!)?

Edited by Hank

I got Sunday ticket and center ice bundled yesterday. First three months I'm paying $45, fourth month I'm paying $50, months five and six I'm paying $31. $246 total for both.

This is my first time getting center ice, I always got gamecenter and watch on the PS3. Is this a decent price or should I have stuck with gamecenter and watched on the PS4 (Purchased yesterday. Yay me!)?

Did you get HD broadcasts through the PS3? I need to decide which route I want to go this year... if I do want to pay to watch these games this year.

Did you get HD broadcasts through the PS3? I need to decide which route I want to go this year... if I do want to pay to watch these games this year.

It's HD, but it's not the greatest quality. Rewind/FF is horrible. I never chose gamecenter over center ice, CI just wasn't a viable option. Last year GC was $50, full price for CI is $80. If you DTV you can probably call and get it a bit cheaper. The better quality definitely outweighs the minimal extra cost.

I usually get a discount for Sunday Ticket Max, the last two years has been 50% off the package plus usually some other add in like free HD for a year ($10 off per month for 12 months) or $5 off my package for 12 or 24 months or something like that but I usually have a hard time getting a discount on the Center Ice package. Usually they say they are showing no discounts available for hockey and I've even called their bluff and cancelled it before the season started only to have to call and re-add it after the 2 week free preview. The best they usually offer is some other discount like free dvr for a year or free ShowTime or Sports pack for 3 months. I think I have another week or two before my next bill comes in but this year I'm going to hold out and make sure I get some kind of deal on Center Ice.

Rogers has taken over GameCentre in Canada this year thanks to a fat new deal that used to steal hockey from TSN.

They are jacking up the price by $50 but offering the first three month free, so it looks like it may balance out.

However, they are treating this like an entirely new service and it looks like I will have to cancel my existing account and re-register through Rogers. Anyone on here have any information on this.

(As an aside, I'm going to miss the TSN broadcasts. Best in the business in my opinion.)

I'm going to cancel center ice this year. I work while all the games are being played and they refuse to play on my days off, so I have to record everything. I only watch if they win, or if you guys make the game sound worthwhile in the GDT (watched 9 games last year out of 82 recorded).

I can't watch them suck so bad. I want the tank, but I'm not paying to watch it. I hope they lose them all. I'll watch all our NBCSN games this year and then pick up Center Ice again next year when we have McDavid.

Edited by ubkev

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.