2013 NHL realignment

PromoTheRobot

WGR just suggested the "Spring Break" division -- cities that leave for Spring Break and the destination cities for Spring Break.

I guess we could also be the "Winter Bird" division.

If the two expansion teams (that are definitely on the way now), go to Seattle (Division A) and Toronto (Division B), I guess that makes sense. If Phoenix moves to Quebec, though, how do we have to shuffle things around to get them into Division C?

If Phoenix goes anywhere it will be Seattle. Quebec is prepared to pay a MONSTER expansion fee, but Seattle isn't. Seattle is also ready to go right now.

If Phoenix goes to Seattle, QC gets one expansion. And I really think Vegas could get the other.

Also, Phoenix to Seattle wouldn't cause any extra realignment right now.

I think Bettman should just resign in shame. The man is widely hated...he gets booed everywhere he goes...what keeps him going? He has the opposite of a Midas touch. Here's another great idea: let's bring another pirhana into the Sabres division while destroying the traditional Chicago-Detroit rivalry. He's made so many wrong decisions! Expansion to FL was plain wrong as was Phoenix, Columbus. How about Atlanta again. Now Winnipeg again. Oh, I have an idea, let's put Winnipeg in the Southeast Division. Yeah, that's the ticket. This whole thing about the time zones and marketing is just a bunch of BS that goes against hockey instincts. I don't care that he claims to have saved the Sabres, he allowed us to have Rigas and Golisano, short-term guys as owners and now Uncle Terry, who doesn't know hockey from a hole in the ground. I just don't think Bettman is good for hockey and as long as he's around, anything good coming out of hockey will be an accident and not from anything planned from the Bettman administration.

Archived