Sabres Future Leadership - Who do you see with the "C"

BuffaloSoldier2010

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is best suited for the letter in 3-5 years?

• Foligno
    • Myers
    • Ennis
    • Pysyk
    • McNabb
    • Girgensons
    • Other

So I'm working from home, NHL network is on in the background and they are playing Yzermans number retirement ceremony. The man was a legend, and one hell of a leader. It got me thinking, Most successful teams have successful and driven leadership. Who in this young core can you see taking that next step. Are there any players here you could see with the captaincy for an extended period of time? The obvious choices to pick from for me are Foligno, Ennis, Myers, Pysyk and McNabb. All of these players either play (or will play) a tremendous role for the team or have had success in leadership roles in the past.

Who would you give the C to? What factors do you want to see in your captain? And do any of these guys have what it takes to give us a long term skipper?

To me, without actually seeing these guys compete too much at the highest level yet, the guys who seem to be the best leaders from interviews and from what i've read are Girgensons, Myers and Hodgson.

Essp Girgensons. If all that they say about him is true, it seems like this kid was born to lead a team.

Myers, IMO, is the captain in waiting and I would not be surprised if he wears an "A" this coming season. This I would be OK with, but he may not be great captain material.

I am not sure if any of those listed are natural leaders in the Yzerman, or Messier, tradition.

From what I have heard Girgensons very well could be, but who knows if he will stick in the NHL at this point. That seems likely and if he does live up to his billing he will likely be captain in 5 years.

Archived