AP Report: Sabres to Stay the Course with Ruff and Regier

That Aud Smell

failure + failure + failure + failure + failure + failure + failure + failure + failure + failure + failure + failure + failure + failure + failure = SUCCESS!!!

:P

I hate to admit this but I actually counted every failure and yes it does add up to 15. :blink:

.....neither would I....but centers are no longer getting to market, and when they do, they fetch a premium.

Why such a dim view of Hodgson?

this may be optimistic in tone .....but it ain't your average flower that spends his free time with Gary Roberts.

http://www.thehockey...-in-201213.html

the question is will he sign in Buffalo? and Can Buffalo wait five years to see his potential or lack thereof?

Black vowed the Sabres will continue their aggressive approach this offseason, starting at the draft in June. The Sabres have two first- and two second-round picks, giving them options to add talent by trading or using the picks. “We’ll see what Darcy and the team will be able to do with those assets,” Black said.’

Let me ask this question. Did any expect the Sabres to make the aggressive moves they made last summer? Did any expect Ehrhoff and Regehr to sign w/ the Sabres? Ehrhoff turned down a huge contract from the Islanders because he wanted to go to a team he felt would have a decent shot at the Cup in the near future. Regehr had a life setup in Calgary and he also had a no trade clause. Pegula and company managed to bring him to Buffalo. Regehr, too, had to believe the Sabres would have a shot at the Cup in the near future. Buffalo was aggressive last year and Black firmly stated the Sabres will continue an aggressive approach this offseason. I have complete confidence in the decisions made by Pegula and Black. I'm sure an eye blinking acquisition will be made this summer.

Yes I did because Pegula said that money would not be an issue when acquiring players so getting top players to come here is no big deal. What I did expect was a playoff team that would contend for the Cup and at least win one playoff series. The Bills don't make the playoffs for years and we watch the whole FO changed but it seems different for the Sabres. This team is not successful yet many here want to keep the coach and GM. I don't understand it. Seems obvious to me that Ruff is part of the problem as players come here and underperform based on expectations. Pegula has only been here a year but I've been here for over 40 and would really lie a consistent winning team. Many other organizations do it but the Sabres can't seem to.

Did you even look?

5 Division Championships in his first six years and he didn't have a Hasek carrying him.

Enjoy the Hodgson/Kassian trade now. In a few years many will be looking back going WTF.

Give me a proper prediction, I'll put it in my Sig and we'll see. I think both us and the Nucks will win.

You want a center yet you want a top class center at YOUR price? you get nothing for nothing and while I hate Darcy he got potential top line center talent for a reasonable price. Neither team lost. Kassian was the potential rugged power forward but how many of those have we already had? Infact out of every 10 power forward prospects how many ACTUALLY become an NHL success. We needed a center more.

Hodgson will be Stafford in a few years.

I wouldn't pay Stoll 5-6 mil.

Someone will. Why so down on Hodgson, or is it the 'he plays for the sabres now so he sucks and we're out of the playoffs' whine?

Hodgson will be Stafford in a few years.

I wouldn't pay Stoll 5-6 mil.

How do you figure? What proof do you see of this?

We get a good, potentially better, center in a trade that saw a player who everyone deemed as tough, but admitted he wants to be a skill player, and not tough guy, go away. I'd rather take the skill player that is a skill player, rather than an annointed tough power forward who doesn't want his role. But hey, to each their own.

Archived