Who would you unload for draft picks plus their cap slots?

nfreeman

72 members have voted

1. 1. If you were the Sabres' GM, and you were offered a low-2nd-to-low-3rd round pick for any of the following players, would you accept it? Choose as many players as you like.

• Ehrhoff (9 more years after this one, $4MM per year)
    • Leopold (1 more year, $3MM per year)
    • Sekera (3 more years, $2.75MM per year)
    • Miller (2 more years, $6.25MM per year)
    • Leino (5 more years, $4.5MM per year)
    • Pommer (2 more years, $5.3MM per year)
    • Roy (1 more year, $4MM per year)
    • Stafford (3 more years, $4MM per year)
    • Vanek (2 more years, $7.1MM per year)
    • None of the above -- I'd rather keep each guy than dump him for a pick.

I don't wear panties so they're not bunched as you so childishly put it...

Don't take it personally, they do feel nice on the boys...

what you need to realize is sekera is expendable and will get a better return than Leopold and ehrhoff because of their cap hit...

ehrhoff is much better then sekera. Obviously

your out of touch. Some of you folk just don't get

it.

Meh...I think Ehrhoff may be marginally better than Sekera. Andrej may grown into something more, Christian is who he is.

For all who hate Sekera but love that lunkhead Weber, and don't lie, you're reading this right now, can you finally admit that you were way off? The kid is just bad, plain and simple.

Like drain said he's all jacked up in the dome. When he came up he played with so much confidence. That's gone.

Wasnt the debate always between Weber and Gragnani? Is that even a question now?

Sekera is a $2.75mil cap hit for 3 more years. He got paid $4.25 cash value this season. He gets $3.25 cash value next season, followed by two years at $1.75mil. Sekera's contract is a good deal for the Sabres. I don't think the Sabres can afford to give that contract up.

Which part don't you think they can afford to give up? Do you think that he's worth more than his $2.75M cap hit? Because the rest only matters when it comes to his trade value in two years. Teams trying to make the cap floor look for players making much less salary than their cap hit, whereas that matters little to the Sabres now.

Edit: which, by the way, is why Ehrhoff and Leino will be far more tradeable in a few years since TPegs will have paid off much of their contracts' total values.

Sekera has been better this year because he stopped rushing the puck. People fancied him as Campbell, but he is playing a style more of Lydman this year. He's still a puss but I admit he has been better overall than last year.

Weber is all screwed up right now. He will be fine if Ruff is gone or if he goes somewhere else. He is a natural agitator and played well when going off instinct, much like McNabb does. Considering he was benched 19 out of the first 20 and only got in because of injury, it is no wonder he doesn't know if he's coming or going at this point. I put him in the category of McCormick and Regehr of guys who have been good soldiers and swallowed Lindy's system this year for "the good of the team". Regehr was a different skater and scary the first 15 games or so and has turned into just another part. Remeber McCormick when he first came up against the Bruins in the playoffs? When he would drop the gloves every 8-10 games? Where is that guy?

If Chicago makes a deal for Roy, watch Weber for a possible inclusion. Weber is Montador with more defensive upside and ruggedness. Teams that know how to play are smart and will cherrypick.

That would be awesome, because I'm not seeing the same guy out there you are in Weber. To me, he's out of his league entirely. Pure AHL at best, IMO.

Sekera has been better this year because he stopped rushing the puck. People fancied him as Campbell, but he is playing a style more of Lydman this year. He's still a puss but I admit he has been better overall than last year.

Weber is all screwed up right now. He will be fine if Ruff is gone or if he goes somewhere else. He is a natural agitator and played well when going off instinct, much like McNabb does. Considering he was benched 19 out of the first 20 and only got in because of injury, it is no wonder he doesn't know if he's coming or going at this point. I put him in the category of McCormick and Regehr of guys who have been good soldiers and swallowed Lindy's system this year for "the good of the team". Regehr was a different skater and scary the first 15 games or so and has turned into just another part. Remeber McCormick when he first came up against the Bruins in the playoffs? When he would drop the gloves every 8-10 games? Where is that guy?

If Chicago makes a deal for Roy, watch Weber for a possible inclusion. Weber is Montador with more defensive upside and ruggedness. Teams that know how to play are smart and will cherrypick.

Firstly if you think that all the deaths of fighters over the offseason had no effect on players like McCormick I seriously worry about you. Also if Weber can't get over being the 7th Dman early on then his not cut out for professional sports and we're better off without him as his just Stafford on defense. Weber's not a bad player but has shown no potential above 5th/6th dman.

Also weren't you going to stay disappeared till the end of season or was 5-0 Detroit just too good an opportunity to miss?

Yeah, but if it meant that we'd be getting Getzlaf in place of Roy, I'd do it. I can live with a Hiller/Enroth rotation.

Hiller is just another Connolly:

2012/01/12 Missed 1 game (lower body injury).

2012/01/10 Lower body injury, day-to-day.

2011/04/24 Missed 6 playoff games (vertigo).

2011/04/13 Vertigo, day-to-day.

2011/04/08 Missed 5 games (vertigo).

2011/04/02 Vertigo, day-to-day.

2011/03/23 Missed 15 games (dizzyness).

2011/02/16 Dizzyness, injured reserve.

2011/02/11 Missed 2 games (fatigued).

2011/02/09 Fatigued, injured reserve.

2011/02/05 Fatigued, day-to-day.

2010/04/08 Missed 4 games (back spasms).

2010/03/31 Back spasms, day-to-day.

I'd rather keep Miller, at least he is healthy enough to start. And those injuries are just pathetic.

Archived