Fight Night 11/29/11 Islanders at Sabres

Weave

Win, Lose, Draw  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Matt Martin at Zack Kassian

• Win Kassian
    • Win MArtin
    • Draw

That was one of the most exciting draws i've seen in quite some time. Gotta love the fights where they abandon all reason and just throw punches.

I'll reiterate - More Kassian/McNabb less Roy/MAG

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mcnabb get a call for the hit at center ice. As beautiful as it was, he drove his shoulder into the head. I hate that the NHL has become so regulated, because that was textbook from 1902-2009.

Still nice to see the best 1-2 physical combo that I can remember in quite some time.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mcnabb get a call for the hit at center ice. As beautiful as it was, he drove his shoulder into the head. I hate that the NHL has become so regulated, because that was textbook from 1902-2009.

Still nice to see the best 1-2 physical combo that I can remember in quite some time.

I would hate to see McNabb get disciplined for that hit. It's a sad thing when good solid hits are punished as collateral damage to increased player safety. It seems to have happened in the NFL with the defenseless receiver calls and I can see that trend continuing in the NHL.

I don't think any suspension or even a phone call for that. Looked clean. No different than the Myers/Schenn hits I posted in the Around the NHL thread the other day. They are all contact with the head but not directly.

http://video.sabres....id=-5&id=138632

Great hit. Principle point of contact is NOT the head. Move on, nothing to see here.

???

They showed it in slow motion after the period. Looked like he drove his shoulder up into him, right into the visor.

I think it's a great hit too. If that was Phaneuf on Pominville, there would be a 14 page thread dedicated to it, with 223 references to Shanny.

???

They showed it in slow motion after the period. Looked like he drove his shoulder up into him, right into the visor.

I think it's a great hit too. If that was Phaneuf on Pominville, there would be a 14 page thread dedicated to it, with 223 references to Shanny.

His arm does crawl up during the hit but that's just momentum. He's got his arm at his side and initiates contact with the emblem on his jersey not the head, that's what counts.

post-1415-027262300 1322680530_thumb.jpg

???

You must have your preferences set to 17 posts per page.

http://video.sabres....id=-5&id=138632

Great hit. Principle point of contact is NOT the head. Move on, nothing to see here.

Great, great open ice hit, about as clean as it gets. When they start calling guys on hits like this then hockey as we know it is over.

???

the head wasn't targeted. They have pretty consistently ignored hits where the head wasn't targeted but you end up making contact with the head. It is reasonable to do so - otherwise, any hit above the nipples could lead to a suspension due to incidental contact to the head.

His arm does crawl up during the hit but that's just momentum. He's got his arm at his side and initiates contact with the emblem on his jersey not the head, that's what counts.

post-1415-027262300 1322680530_thumb.jpg

I see what you see.

Thank you for reminding me never to get arrested and have my outcome decided by a jury of my peers.

I saw what you did to that hooker last summer.

Great, great open ice hit, about as clean as it gets. When they start calling guys on hits like this then hockey as we know it is over.

the head wasn't targeted. They have pretty consistently ignored hits where the head wasn't targeted but you end up making contact with the head. It is reasonable to do so - otherwise, any hit above the nipples could lead to a suspension due to incidental contact to the head.

I see what you see.

I saw what you did to that hooker last summer.

I don't know what is a clean hit anymore. Seriously. I hope you are right.

....and she was a Dancer....

Archived