Dominik Hasek In Buffalo

hockeyhound

Seeing Dominik Hasek talking to Terry Pegula during the Boston game caused me to consider the Sabre goalie situation.

I asked myself the question, who would I rather have back up Enroth if the Miller is out for an extended period of time; the answer, Dominik Hasek.

There I said it.

Last time I heard the Dominator was playing in the Czech Extraliga league, 2009.

I'm not sure if he is playing this year.

"In 15 games the one-time Dominator has a .918 save percentage, which ranks him 8th among the 20 Czech Extraliga goalies with at least seven appearances."

Why not hire the guy on a limited bases?

2008 stanley cup champion Chris Osgood would disagree. It did happen.

2008 Stanley Cup champ Osgood was never the greatest goalie in hockey. I'm not saying it's a bad idea from our perspective (it's a great idea, but...); I'm saying that I cannot see the guy who is the greatest ever (IMO, and even those who disagree have to put him in the top 5) playing a backup role. No way.

2008 Stanley Cup champ Osgood was never the greatest goalie in hockey. I'm not saying it's a bad idea from our perspective (it's a great idea, but...); I'm saying that I cannot see the guy who is the greatest ever (IMO, and even those who disagree have to put him in the top 5) playing a backup role. No way.

I think what he's saying is that Hasek backed up Osgood in 2007-08, when the Red Wings won the Cup.

But he already was on that team. He was relegated to the backup role; he wasn't hired to fill it.

Anything can happen in Pegulaville.

I added this new topic prior to tonight's game, and after watching Enroth get chased out and the backup to the backup come in wow, I was speechless.

Maybe Dom is not as fast as he used to be; however, I think he seen enough action that he could have read Nash coming back door.

I don't think Drew McIntyre ever saw Nash coming.

I understand Drew McIntyre was thrown in to the wolf's den tonight but, I am having trouble envisioning our back up and backup to the backup carrying the team very far.

I guess what I am trying to say is, if Miller is going to be out for an extended period of time, maybe the Sabres should shop for some experience.

Bring Hasek to Buffalo is something Ralph Wilson would do to sell tickets and not necessarily win. We have an owner that does it the other way around so I say no he doesn't bring Hasek back.

Although, it seems like every FA that has signed with Buffalo during the Pegula regime has said how convincing and classy Pegula is... Maybe he is one of those people who can lure anyone in with his words alone.

Bring Hasek to Buffalo is something Ralph Wilson would do to sell tickets and not necessarily win. We have an owner that does it the other way around so I say no he doesn't bring Hasek back.

Although, it seems like every FA that has signed with Buffalo during the Pegula regime has said how convincing and classy Pegula is... Maybe he is one of those people who can lure anyone in with his words alone.

The only way I see Hasek being brought back to Buffalo is on a one day contract, so he can retire "officially" as a Sabre and then have his number raised to the rafters on that same day.

As for the words alone ...

I think everyone with the Sabres (not just Mr. Pegula ... I'm sure it was a group sell) has said those same words to all the FA signed ... talk is cheap, but then again ... money speaks volumes too!!

I jokingly suggested this last season when he was at the game for Hasek's Heroes, before Enroth rose to the occasion and stole the show. It would be a dream come true for me because Hasek was my first "favorite player" and probably one of the main reasons I got into hockey as much as I did. It would be AWESOME for him to retire a Sabre, and well, it's not looking likely this year, but if we somehow won the cup with him on our roster, it would be fitting.

He played last season in the KHL, but it doesn't look like he's on a roster for this season. So he's probably available if he still has the desire to play!

I jokingly suggested this last season when he was at the game for Hasek's Heroes, before Enroth rose to the occasion and stole the show. It would be a dream come true for me because Hasek was my first "favorite player" and probably one of the main reasons I got into hockey as much as I did. It would be AWESOME for him to retire a Sabre, and well, it's not looking likely this year, but if we somehow won the cup with him on our roster, it would be fitting.

He played last season in the KHL, but it doesn't look like he's on a roster for this season. So he's probably available if he still has the desire to play!

Hasek wasnt one of the reasons i got into hockey so much, he was the reason :thumbsup:

I think it's an awful idea, and I'm totally okay with it.

I have to admit when I read your reply I had to laugh.

I have to agree, awful idea; however, wouldn't you love to see a healthy Dominator go out for seven games and shut it down. Great reality TV. The Dominator checks Lucic at the top of the circle;oh look, Lucic is going end over end. :w00t: :worthy:

Nothing like a good fantasy.

Scenerio #1: Ehroth plays great, no need for a goalie. :thumbsup:

Scenerio #2: Enroth craps out, and the backup to the backup comes in and does great, all is well. :thumbsup:

Scenerio #3:Both Enroth and MacIntyre are crapping out, Miller is still not ready, and the team is grippin. Time to bring in the Soma (The Dominator), I think I would rather see Hasek try to guru it up at 60 years old and remember the good old days rather than watch two rookie goaltenders find their way.

Before anyone takes this serious, please note that I understand a whole lot has to go wrong before the Sabres consider shopping around for a goalie.

I get it, you have to give Enroth and McIntyre a chance to do well.

I am just trying to have fun with it.

The only way I see Hasek being brought back to Buffalo is on a one day contract, so he can retire "officially" as a Sabre and then have his number raised to the rafters on that same day.

As for the words alone ...

I think everyone with the Sabres (not just Mr. Pegula ... I'm sure it was a group sell) has said those same words to all the FA signed ... talk is cheap, but then again ... money speaks volumes too!!

The Dominator goes out in glory and all of us old guys can beat are chests.

Didn't Gordie make a guest appearance when he was 90.

I seem to remember Jim Rome putting up a bounty for the person that would take the wood to Gordie. :w00t:

Archived