Sidney Crosby to return Monday

millbank

A standing ovation is standing and clapping, is it not?

Meh I could be wrong in my use and distinction certainly wouldn't be the first time.

My context for stating it that way is using the defintion of the SO as "A form of applause where members of a seated audience stand up while applauding after extraordinary performances of particularly high acclaim"

To me his coming back after a lengthy injury is certainly not an extraoridnary performance but just something to stand up for and clap as a glad he's back. You know a welcome back Kotter, Vinny.

TIFWIW.

Meh I could be wrong in my use and distinction certainly wouldn't be the first time.

My context for stating it that way is using the defintion of the SO as "A form of applause where members of a seated audience stand up while applauding after extraordinary performances of particularly high acclaim"

To me his coming back after a lengthy injury is certainly not an extraoridnary performance but just something to stand up for and clap as a glad he's back. You know a welcome back Kotter, Vinny.

TIFWIW.

He is such a talent ...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=VT5lnynu9l8

This is exactly what aggravates me. How can we say he's among the greatest to have ever played at this relatively young stage of his career? The history of the NHL is a long one.

He may be young, but the level of talent Crosby has displayed is undeniable. He's just over 400 games and almost 600 points into his NHL career. He is 5th all-time in points per game in both the regular season and in the playoffs. He's has the talent to accomplish anything. If Crosby went into the year wanting to win the Selke Award there is no doubt that he would win it.

He may be young, but the level of talent Crosby has displayed is undeniable. He's just over 400 games and almost 600 points into his NHL career. He is 5th all-time in points per game in both the regular season and in the playoffs. He's has the talent to accomplish anything. If Crosby went into the year wanting to win the Selke Award there is no doubt that he would win it.

Let me know when it's "per career" and not "per game," and I'll start considering whether he's among the greatest. For now, he's got a hell of a lot of potential. So did Lindros. He was the "Next One" before Crosby was a thought in his father's mind.

Archived