OT: Re-habbing an ankle

frissonic

I don't think that using leeches is going to help your ankle. Leeches are generally most effective for treating ague, consumption, dropsy, gathering, black water fever, jail fever, and trench mouth. But hey, what can it hurt?

sorry ... didn't see this one. how long ago did this occur?

3 weeks now. I was in a "butterfly" position sliding to my right when the shooter deked to my left. I changed direction and made the stop but felt a "pop" in my ankle and it hurt like hell. I was able to skate off the ice and someone else finished the game. I was walking fine on it the next day but it stiffens up and really hurts when I go up or down stairs. I'm over 50 FYI.

PTR

3 weeks now. I was in a "butterfly" position sliding to my right when the shooter deked to my left. I changed direction and made the stop but felt a "pop" in my ankle and it hurt like hell. I was able to skate off the ice and someone else finished the game. I was walking fine on it the next day but it stiffens up and really hurts when I go up or down stairs. I'm over 50 FYI.

PTR

So they actually had a goalie sitting around who could fill in? That's pretty lucky.

Archived