Boyes Suspended 2 Preseason Games

spndnchz

I have watched the embedded video about a dozen times. I watched ShannyVision several times.

1. Colborne does not seem to see Boyes coming.

2. Colborne has his head down, clearly focused on the puck.

3. I cannot see where Boyes' elbow contacts Colborne's head, looks like a shoulder.

4. How, exactly, was Boyes supposed to avoid Colborne?

5. Boyes appears to being going after the puck, in front of the net, what is he supposed to do?

6. Hits to the head that are "reckless or intentional"... Shanny says it was not intentional, does it really look reckless?

:thumbdown:

Am I missing something?

Plenty good enough. It shows that Goose had no idea he was coming, but I wouldn't call it a charge. Goose had just been stood up by another Leaf, the puck bounced off that leaf's skate, and Goose was bent over trying the play that puck and Armstrong cruises in and drives Goose head first into the boards. It's a classic boarding call on a defenseless player. My first year Squirt knows not to hit a guy between the numbers - Armstrong must have missed the memo.

Why isn't Shanny looking at this one again?

That's the first I've seen of it, and yeah, I'd say give it a penalty and call it a day.

I still say suspension. The first Leaf stood up Gaustad a little bit, but as we've heard a hundred times now, "the onus is on the checker." Colby still clearly comes in and plants his shoulder between the numbers. Given the number of suspensions in the pre-season for roughly the same hit, plus based on his reputation I'm guessing armstrong would be a repeat offender (though i can't recall an incident off the top of my head), this is a no-brainer suspension to me. I'd like to see the Shanahan video on this one.

I still say suspension. The first Leaf stood up Gaustad a little bit, but as we've heard a hundred times now, "the onus is on the checker." Colby still clearly comes in and plants his shoulder between the numbers. Given the number of suspensions in the pre-season for roughly the same hit, plus based on his reputation I'm guessing armstrong would be a repeat offender (though i can't recall an incident off the top of my head), this is a no-brainer suspension to me. I'd like to see the Shanahan video on this one.

The onus is on the player, howevewr if Armstrong had actually come in with three strides ,and blown Goose up, that would would have been a serious injury.

Was it really important for Armstrong to get suspended for 2 preseason games like Boyes?

It is practically a reward for a Veteran to sit most of these out.

The onus is on the player, howevewr if Armstrong had actually come in with three strides ,and blown Goose up, that would would have been a serious injury.

Was it really important for Armstrong to get suspended for 2 preseason games like Boyes?

It is practically a reward for a Veteran to sit most of these out.

He didn't come in with the intention to hit him either. Gaustad was knocked off stride by the initial check and then suddenly he's right there in front of Armstrong. Sure, he's supposed to lay off, but it really wasn't much of a hit.

Looks like hockey has a Kenesaw Mountain Landis in Shanahan. I've never seen so many suspensions in the NHL in a short period. Especially in preseason. He's really cracking the whip, laying down the law. I think it's good for the game; maybe the players who have reckless disregard will finally get it...no hits from behind etc. Just shows how weak Colin Campbell was. Reminds me of "The Dog Whisperer"...when there's no pack leader in the house, the dogs take over.

Archived