WGR App

frissonic

this is NOT the time for this useless app to keep effing DYING. i swear to god, they haven't updated this thing since they released it, and it doesn't buffer worth a damn. i have to keep closing and re-opening it just to hear 5 minutes of anything.

getting frustratized ...

this is NOT the time for this useless app to keep effing DYING. i swear to god, they haven't updated this thing since they released it, and it doesn't buffer worth a damn. i have to keep closing and re-opening it just to hear 5 minutes of anything.

getting frustratized ...

Try tune-in radio. I have it for my droid and that is how I listen to WGR in Phoenix.

Try tune-in radio. I have it for my droid and that is how I listen to WGR in Phoenix.

is that the name of the app? i'll look it up when i get a chance. right now, i'm elbows deep in pooh trying to get doc package done for delivery.

iPhone app works for me only issues is starting on Wifi to 3G doesnt seem to handle transfer but 3G back to Wifi does. It cuts off during a call and fails to come back when call is over. One issue is unless you stop the stream when it comes back stream is old stream not recent

http://tunein.com/mobile/android/

http://tunein.com/mobile/ios/

It's free on the Android phone but I think it's .99 at the apple store. You not only get WGR but radio stations from all over the world. Including Antarctica which has a folk station. Go figure. :)

Been using TuneIn Radio for a while now, and it is awesome. Get all of my Atlanta stations, Buffalo stations, Police scanners, and anything/everything else. Definitely better than a bunch of individual station apps.

Pro version?

Pro version?

The "pro" version has some extra bells and whistles like being able to use it like a clock radio (tell it to wake you up with a stream of a certain station), or you can pause or record streams for later. The free version gets 40,000+ broadcast and online-only stations...including the one I manage, WCNH.

PTR

Pro version?

Yeah, think it was a gift card purchase. From looking at the app store they dont look that different. Great app either way. It has never crashed or froze. Using it right now and flipping between Buffalo Sports, Atlanta Rap, and California Rock. Love that it shows what song is playing (and is actually accurate). Makes it easy to listen to what you want without having to flip through a bunch of stations.

Edit: As PTR pointed out, the recording/saving feature and clock radio features, are pretty cool. Havent used them as much as I should. Free or $.99, its a cool app.

once again, thanks for the tune-in suggestion. i nabbed the pro version, and i'm LOVING it. with two bars on att's illustrious network (</sarcasm>), it's died once, and it didn't take jumping backwards upside down through flaming hoops to get the app to restart. happy. very, happy. thank you!

Archived