Nathan Gerbe signed / RFA thread

thesportsbuff

Fast fact:

They can ask for an extension, but July 15th is the deadline to get these deals done.

Qualifying offers need to be at least 3 million to sign Sekera, Gragnani, Weber and Enroth.

Sabres will need to shed about 4 million in cap space to 1) Get under the cap 2) to get the 2 million cushion DR wants.

Sekera can only have a one way deal.

Weber, Grags and Enroth could get a two way deal.

All the players would need to clear waiver except for Enroth.

Fast fact:

They can ask for an extension, but July 15th is the deadline to get these deals done.

Qualifying offers need to be at least 3 million to sign Sekera, Gragnani, Weber and Enroth.

Sabres will need to shed about 4 million in cap space to 1) Get under the cap 2) to get the 2 million cushion DR wants.

Sekera can only have a one way deal.

Weber, Grags and Enroth could get a two way deal.

All the players would need to clear waiver except for Enroth.

This little nugget appears to be slipping under the radar. Me no likey.

Fast fact:

Is this $4M needing to be shed before or after Kotalik & Morrisonn are put on waivers? If before, then that's the play.

Is this $4M needing to be shed before or after Kotalik & Morrisonn are put on waivers? If before, then that's the play.

Would u play Sekera, Grags and Weber before Morrisonn? Just askin'.

Or would you look at it from a "whose more likely to get picked up on waivers" perspective.

Or would you look at it from a "whose more likely to get picked up on waivers" perspective.

way to risky with weber, grags, and sekera. IF I can package sekera or grags with a winger for a center, I'd go that route, but I'm much more comfortable sending morrisonn down. Plus, only 2 of those three young guys are playing in any given game.

The cap balance is going to be fun. I'm sure they learned a lesson from NJD last year and will have a plan to cover for injuries so they don't have to play a game with 16 or 17 skaters.

Yes, I would play all 3 of them before Morrisonn, I also think Morrisonn clears while the other 3 don't.

Also, that clears $5M, leaving another $1M according to your calculations. Room to pick up another vet similar to Niedermayer? Would Grier come back if he wasn't guaranteed a spot in the lineup nightly?

Yes, I would play all 3 of them before Morrisonn, I also think Morrisonn clears while the other 3 don't.

Also, that clears $5M, leaving another $1M according to your calculations. Room to pick up another vet similar to Niedermayer? Would Grier come back if he wasn't guaranteed a spot in the lineup nightly?

And apparently Morrisson wants out according to P Hamilton:

Buffalo now is just over 1.3-million from the cap. It still needs to sign Mike Weber, Marc Gragnani, Andrej Sekera and Jhonas Enroth. I do know Shaone Morrisonn wants out and wants to be waived. I think he and Ales Kotalik will wind up in Rochester giving Buffalo just over $5-million back.

http://wgr550.com/How-did-the-Sabres-do-/10259393

Archived