HOW THE FINALS WERE OFFICIATED

rickshaw

Other than the 4 game suspension (which I thought was too much) I thought the officiating was completely unbiased,.. and I was rooting for Vancouver.

I also don't think the finals right after the lockout were officiated any differently, either. It's the reason we lost to Ottawa and the reason Ottawa lost to Anaheim. It's also the reason why I wasn't all that upset on that fateful July 1st that everyone talks about.

It does annoy me though. You play 82 games under a certain set of rules and then suddenly they change for the next 16-28. That doesn't make any sense. The refs don't want to influence the games by making calls, but they're instead influencing the games by not making them.

It does annoy me though. You play 82 games under a certain set of rules and then suddenly they change for the next 16-28. That doesn't make any sense. The refs don't want to influence the games by making calls, but they're instead influencing the games by not making them.

I used to say that the NHL was the only pro sports league that actually changed it's rules for the playoffs, and it used to bother the ###### out of me. Now, I just don't have the energy to be angry. I'd rather just accept it and try to build a team accordingly.

Other than the 4 game suspension (which I thought was too much) I thought the officiating was completely unbiased,.. and I was rooting for Vancouver.

I also don't think the finals right after the lockout were officiated any differently, either. It's the reason we lost to Ottawa and the reason Ottawa lost to Anaheim. It's also the reason why I wasn't all that upset on that fateful July 1st that everyone talks about.

I think obstruction and interference are called much differently....however the officials are pretty consistent it what they will call. They tend to allow North-South obstruction, but make calls outside an arms length if it is East-West contact and the puck is behind the defense-man. For Chara it is a great advantage because his wingspan is slightly longer than a Cessna.

I used to say that the NHL was the only pro sports league that actually changed it's rules for the playoffs, and it used to bother the ###### out of me. Now, I just don't have the energy to be angry. I'd rather just except it and try to build a team accordingly.

Need to take some vitamins?

I used to say that the NHL was the only pro sports league that actually changed it's rules for the playoffs, and it used to bother the ###### out of me. Now, I just don't have the energy to be angry. I'd rather just except it and try to build a team accordingly.

Denial => Anger => Bargaining => Depression => Acceptance => Golf

For all those saying that the suspension on Rome for hitting Horton was correct and the hit was dirty, I hope you weren't cheering Campbells hit on Umberger a few years ago cause they were pretty close to being identical.

And as some have brought up, and it just throws more proof to the officiating/discipline being inconsistent, Carter gets away with taking Connolly out of the series against Buffalo and he gets nothing.

As for Sedin not fighting back when getting punched, if he did, they both take penalties, and thats not going to help them. I don't understand how a player can stand there getting punched in the face multiple times and there be no call.

For all those saying that the suspension on Rome for hitting Horton was correct and the hit was dirty, I hope you weren't cheering Campbells hit on Umberger a few years ago cause they were pretty close to being identical.

Not even close to being identical IMO. Campbell's hit was North/South and Umberger still had the puck.

And as some have brought up, and it just throws more proof to the officiating/discipline being inconsistent, Carter gets away with taking Connolly out of the series against Buffalo and he gets nothing.

Mike Richards.

As for Sedin not fighting back when getting punched, if he did, they both take penalties, and thats not going to help them. I don't understand how a player can stand there getting punched in the face multiple times and there be no call.

Campbells hit may look like the same shoulder to head but at least Umberger had the puck.

As for Sedin the punching bag, they did call Marchand for roughing.

Rome left his feet no?

There are good penalties to take you know? He should have for his teamates taken one there by losing it (however that is for him) on the play. I remember hearing an announcer say that Sedin was told by the coach to be cool because he came back to the bench once and snapped his stick and the coach was upset saying it distracted the team.

You know what? Screw Vancouver. They got what was right.

And the bottom line is the officiating will ALWAYS be incosistent and you know that.

Archived