Trade Proposal / Off-season Plans

Warriorspikes51

There are some reliable rumblings from a source that has been right in the past on Boyes, Grier and Rivet coming here that the Sabres have a deal in place that will be announced by the Draft Friday.

The deal would be Buffalo trading a 1st Round Pick, a good prospect and a "fan favorite" for a Top Line Center. The player is capable of 25-30 goals. The Center coming to Buffalo is between 26 and 30 years old. The players that best fit this description include Spezza, M. Richards, Pavelski, Getzlaf, Backes(Center/Wing).

I think Spezza and Pavelski are the most likely. Pavelski may be ideal since he is signed for 4 mil per at 3 more years and would allow us to also pursue B. Richards. There are rumors the Sharks want to make some major shake up's this off-season. The source stated they were "in favor of the trade" from a Sabres perspective.

Sabres: Pavelski

Sharks: 1st Rnd Pick, Pominville (fan favorite, top winger for Thornton), Prospect (It is a forward, Adam/Kassian/Foligno)

This would actually free up around 1.3 million of Cap Space. As much as I love Pominville, we have to trade a solid player in order to acquire anyone of Spezza or Pavelski caliber. We would still have room to pursue Brad Richards and maybe even sign or trade for a Top 4 D. (Brewer or Regher). In a perfect world, Hecht or Boyes would be moved for a 3rd round pick to free up around 4 million to pursue someone like Leino, Upshall, Ryder etc.

Vanek Richards Stafford

Ennis Pavelski Boyes

Hecht Goose Gerbe

Kaleta Roy McCormick

Kassian/Adam/Foligno

Myers ________

Sekera Leopold

Weber Gragnani

Morrisson

Very good depth down the middle, decent wing depth, your PP just got a lot better on paper with Richards and Pavelski. 4 lines that can all score, good shutdown 3rd line, you can give the 4th line a lot of ice with Roy being between 2 bigger players and being allowed more space to create. veteran Dman to pair with Myers.

No way am I giving up Kassian or Foligno for Pavelski. Adam maybe because its a center for a center deal. But unless this move is for Getzlaf or maybe Richards wouldn't like it.

Pavelski is a 26 year old, good 2 way center with 66 pts in 74 games this season. 10 pts in this years playoffs and 17 pts in the playoffs the year before that. He is signed at 4 mil per for 3 more years which is arguably a bargain like Roy. While I would probably prefer Getzlaf, I'm not sure what we're giving up is enough to snag him. Although he is signed at 5.3 for only 2 more years. So the Ducks would be taking on the same salary but with 1 more contract year. Getzlaf's production has dropped a little in the past few seasons maybe they think a change is needed?

If we're looking at Spezza.... 1st, Pominville and Foligno is likely the deal since a Foligno is already on Ottawa.

I doubt San Jose has any interest in a player that is currently injured. However, if that was the deal, i'd do it in a second. Major props if this becomes true.

Thanks, but I am not the one who found out the information,just passing it along..... it's posted on another site but they are hesitant to talk anymore about it for fear of getting in trouble "spilling the beans" ,which is understandable.

Even if this turns out to be a bunch of hot-air, I'd be shocked if we don't make a move between now and during the draft. Darcy has openly stated they are very interested in doing so and he is rarely open about such matters unless he knows it will get done.

There are some reliable rumblings from a source that has been right in the past on Boyes, Grier and Rivet coming here that the Sabres have a deal in place that will be announced by the Draft Friday.

The deal would be Buffalo trading a 1st Round Pick, a good prospect and a "fan favorite" for a Top Line Center. The player is capable of 25-30 goals. The Center coming to Buffalo is between 26 and 30 years old. The players that best fit this description include Spezza, M. Richards, Pavelski, Getzlaf, Backes(Center/Wing).

I think Spezza and Pavelski are the most likely. Pavelski may be ideal since he is signed for 4 mil per at 3 more years and would allow us to also pursue B. Richards. There are rumors the Sharks want to make some major shake up's this off-season. The source stated they were "in favor of the trade" from a Sabres perspective.

Sabres: Pavelski

Sharks: 1st Rnd Pick, Pominville (fan favorite, top winger for Thornton), Prospect (It is a forward, Adam/Kassian/Foligno)

This would actually free up around 1.3 million of Cap Space. As much as I love Pominville, we have to trade a solid player in order to acquire anyone of Spezza or Pavelski caliber. We would still have room to pursue Brad Richards and maybe even sign or trade for a Top 4 D. (Brewer or Regher). In a perfect world, Hecht or Boyes would be moved for a 3rd round pick to free up around 4 million to pursue someone like Leino, Upshall, Ryder etc.

Vanek Richards Stafford

Ennis Pavelski Boyes

Hecht Goose Gerbe

Kaleta Roy McCormick

Kassian/Adam/Foligno

Myers ________

Sekera Leopold

Weber Gragnani

Morrisson

Very good depth down the middle, decent wing depth, your PP just got a lot better on paper with Richards and Pavelski. 4 lines that can all score, good shutdown 3rd line, you can give the 4th line a lot of ice with Roy being between 2 bigger players and being allowed more space to create. veteran Dman to pair with Myers.

I like the Pavelski idea, however as a prospect I'd say to give up either Adam or Byron. Both young centers with some potential. And Richards probably isn't gonna happen, I've already heard rumors that he will NOT sign with the Sabres. All well, there are other star players out there...

Even if this turns out to be a bunch of hot-air, I'd be shocked if we don't make a move between now and during the draft. ]

Which is exactly why I question (maybe "doubt" would be a better word) the validity of these "rumors." Basically anyone who reads this board could surmise pretty easily a.) Buffalo needs a Top Line center and b.) The most likely course of action is a draft-day trade. Put them together and you have....... this rumor. lol. Maybe I should start posting "rumors" on TSB, I bet I would get a load of hits.

Which is exactly why I question (maybe "doubt" would be a better word) the validity of these "rumors." Basically anyone who reads this board could surmise pretty easily a.) Buffalo needs a Top Line center and b.) The most likely course of action is a draft-day trade. Put them together and you have....... this rumor. lol. Maybe I should start posting "rumors" on TSB, I bet I would get a load of hits.

...and if by chance you got 1/1000 right you'd immediately become a reliable "source."

Thx for the link. Interesting that he is so confident about it, but still nothing I couldn't pull out of my ass, too.. the thing I don't like about it is IF this trade doesn't go down, he can just as easily pull some Eklund bullsh*t and say "well once word got out blah blah one side wanted to back out." Even tho that's a totally BS excuse lol.

If they ever tried to play Roy between Kaleta and McCormick they may as well throw him into the deal too because he'd probably go right in the tank. And rightfully so ... he was a point per game player last season and has been pretty consistent ... He's not a true No. 1 but he's not a 10-minute per game guy either. No reason to bury him with those plumbers. Let Goose play with them and kill penalties and take big draws, but you can't bury Roy down there.

If they ever tried to play Roy between Kaleta and McCormick they may as well throw him into the deal too because he'd probably go right in the tank. And rightfully so ... he was a point per game player last season and has been pretty consistent ... He's not a true No. 1 but he's not a 10-minute per game guy either. No reason to bury him with those plumbers. Let Goose play with them and kill penalties and take big draws, but you can't bury Roy down there.

i agree pipes. I rearranged the lines a bit assuming this trade went through, i think it's in the july 1st thread but i'm not positive.

Roy is definitely an ideal second liner.

if we get pavelski do I get a gold star because ive been saying it for 4 months???

???

also I wouldnt give up kassian for pavelski, even straight up, just saying.

since I am new here, can you tell me why you have been saying it for 4 months ahaha? Is it just a feeling you have and you want him or?

since I am new here, can you tell me why you have been saying it for 4 months ahaha? Is it just a feeling you have and you want him or?

he's a legitamit scoring center with significant upside, who is on a team that is very deep at the position (Thorton Couture pavelski - even marleau can play center) and a team that will be looking to shed some salary, not this coming season, but in the near future, as its younger players begin to command larger contracts.

he's a legitamit scoring center with significant upside, who is on a team that is very deep at the position (Thorton Couture pavelski - even marleau can play center) and a team that will be looking to shed some salary, not this coming season, but in the near future, as its younger players begin to command larger contracts.

Ah yes. Hmmm that would likely mean Pominville wouldn't be going the other way due to his salary. Who could be the fan favorite? Ennis? Goose? Gerbe?

I'd hate to trade Ennis or Gerbe right now. I really like both.

Ah yes. Hmmm that would likely mean Pominville wouldn't be going the other way due to his salary. Who could be the fan favorite? Ennis? Goose? Gerbe?

I'd hate to trade Ennis or Gerbe right now. I really like both.

I also don't want to trade Ennis or Gerbe. If it has to be one of them, it will probably be Gerbe, but I think he can find his place in the league and be a consistent scorer. A fan favorite, eh? Yeah I would say those are our only two options... vanek\miller\myers obviously not involved, i don't really consider Pommer OR roy to "fan favorites" tho I suppose Pommer at least was at one time. Stafford? nope. Hecht? no. Boyes? no. Definitely Gerbe.

I also don't want to trade Ennis or Gerbe. If it has to be one of them, it will probably be Gerbe, but I think he can find his place in the league and be a consistent scorer. A fan favorite, eh? Yeah I would say those are our only two options... vanek\miller\myers obviously not involved, i don't really consider Pommer OR roy to "fan favorites" tho I suppose Pommer at least was at one time. Stafford? nope. Hecht? no. Boyes? no. Definitely Gerbe.

I don't think Goose has enough value unless the package is a 1st, Goose and Kassian? Maybe SJ covets him? We'd loose quite a bit of toughness with that deal so I don't see how it makes sense for us. It would seem to Gerbe. He is a similar player to Pavelski as far as competitive level goes.

I don't think Goose has enough value unless the package is a 1st, Goose and Kassian? Maybe SJ covets him? We'd loose quite a bit of toughness with that deal so I don't see how it makes sense for us. It would seem to Gerbe. He is a similar player to Pavelski as far as competitive level goes.

They have no reason to do so. Unfortunately this is precisely what i was referring to in the "realistic dream team" thread. To get a player that you will covet, you need to move a player that you covet. As much as i love the hobbits on this team, there is no getting around the fact that one of them is likely to go if we end up trying to get a key player.

Gerbe and Ennis have the most upside, for the least money. True, we could package picks in place of players, but that may end up being more expensive in the long run, considering these teams would be looking for more considering they would not be receiving a player dubbed "NHL ready" in return.

If we can make upgrades without shipping them it'd be preferable, but i feel like it's a bit of a longshot.

Ethron was a fan favorite for about a week. Maybe it's him! lol

Archived