Vanek for Captain

beerme1

Are those of you who have been floating Vaneks name for Captain convinced now that it would be a mistake? A colossal failure?

An umitigated disaster?

I am not floating anyones name at this moment but let there be no doubt he is not the guy. No doubt. So stop it if you haven't yet.

Are those of you who have been floating Vaneks name for Captain convinced now that it would be a mistake?

No.

A colossal failure?

No.

An umitigated disaster?

No.

I am not floating anyones name at this moment but let there be no doubt he is not the guy. No doubt. So stop it if you haven't yet.

I'll stop after you stop starting unnecessary threads where you make an argument without actually providing any supporting evidence at all.

Are those of you who have been floating Vaneks name for Captain convinced now that it would be a mistake? A colossal failure?

An umitigated disaster?

You make a valid point. I like your use of evidence to back the claim that he would not make a good captain...

</sarcasm>

Fools and tools you are. Sorry if you disagree with me and feel its an useless thread but thats why you posted to it I guess.

I really need to make an argument? Well it is based on my feelings not yours and I saw nothing from him in that series to put him up as a C. But he scored 5 on 5 ya I know. And I also give him credit for a lot of things. I was astonished at one play in particular that he backed all the way back to our end and then stoloe the puck from someone.

That was a great play. I am merely saying my feelings about the man for C.

If you dont like it, I dont care.

Fools and tools you are. Sorry if you disagree with me and feel its an useless thread but thats why you posted to it I guess.

I really need to make an argument? Well it is based on my feelings not yours and I saw nothing from him in that series to put him up as a C. But he scored 5 on 5 ya I know. And I also give him credit for a lot of things. I was astonished at one play in particular that he backed all the way back to our end and then stoloe the puck from someone.

I respect your opinion I think there are better options like Richards from Dallas but who do you think is a better option on the sabres now.

I respect your opinion I think there are better options like Richards from Dallas but who do you think is a better option on the sabres now.

You would laugh and the others would hurt my feelings :nana: I need to digest theh series still before I can answer. Personally I dont think hes on the team right now. I'm sorry but I felt a huge let down by Vanek as far as thinking of him as Captain. Look around the league hell look at what the Cryers Captain did against us. Vanek is not that guy. Leopold would be better suited to be the caoptain of this team.

Nyers looked great but I dont want to burden him with it yet.

If you want to voice your opinion, but don't want others to hash back, blog. But I feel he's better than anyone right now. He's working hard, leads by example, he didn't have the greatest stats this series, but all things considered did any Sabre?

As much as I'd like to pick somebody like Richards or Parise up, I don't wanna sign someone and immediately slap a C on their chest for the sake of having a captain.

If you want to voice your opinion, but don't want others to hash back, blog. But I feel he's better than anyone right now. He's working hard, leads by example, he didn't have the greatest stats this series, but all things considered did any Sabre?

As much as I'd like to pick somebody like Richards or Parise up, I don't wanna sign someone and immediately slap a C on their chest for the sake of having a captain.

I agree he should not get it right away but by Mister season I think he could warn it

No, you're not.

An umitigated disaster?

See?

No, you're not.

See?

What YOUR point? Mine is i dont want Vanek for Captain.

Thanks for thoughts.

Maybe I'm just edgy still after last night or some of you are jerks or both.

goose for capt before vanek. a faceoff god and a leader.

stands up for his mates and does not back down. that's a capt. no idea what he's like in the locker room, but i think he has what's needed on the ice and that's where it counts.

An umitigated disaster?

And Deluca wounders why rergular posters arn't around in the summer months. My Gosh, people are just posting random things just to see it on the web. No thought or anything. Oh ya, your thought was making Vanek captain a 'colossal failure, umitigated blah blah blah....

What YOUR point? Mine is i dont want Vanek for Captain.

Thanks for thoughts.

Maybe I'm just edgy still after last night or some of you are jerks or both.

If you haven't figured it out, people don't like to be told what to do or think by some random person on a message board. If you create a topic, have a point, try to back it up with facts, and let people make up their own minds. Saying things like "there is no doubt blah blah - you need to stop blah blah" is going to raise the ire of some folks and it doesn't make them jerks.

If you haven't figured it out, people don't like to be told what to do or think by some random person on a message board. If you create a topic, have a point, try to back it up with facts, and let people make up their own minds. Saying things like "there is no doubt blah blah - you need to stop blah blah" is going to raise the ire of some folks and it doesn't make them jerks.

Yes of course you are correct. And Derrico surely is also. I am new to the message board thing I guess.

Or I sometimes misjudge the people on a given message board.

I thought what I saw or really didn't see in Vanek was obvious to anyone who watched and was merely expressing my opinion, my feelings. Obviously it was not so my feelings must have warrant then right Derrico?

But fact is some of you certainly are jerks but whatever man. I certainly have many days when I'm a jerk too. So maybe I'll catch when you aren't expecting it.

Never ever post any drivel on a drivel laden message board. I got it now thanks! :thumbsup:

Take it easy all.

Yes of course you are correct. And Derrico surely is also. I am new to the message board thing I guess.

Or I sometimes misjudge the people on a given message board.

I thought what I saw or really didn't see in Vanek was obvious to anyone who watched and was merely expressing my opinion, my feelings. Obviously it was not so my feelings must have warrant then right Derrico?

But fact is some of you certainly are jerks but whatever man. I certainly have many days when I'm a jerk too. So maybe I'll catch when you aren't expecting it.

Never ever post any drivel on a drivel laden message board. I got it now thanks! :thumbsup:

Take it easy all.

Re-reading my post I was a bit harsh. Sorry about that. It's alright adding your comments, thoughts, feeling etc. but please don't start a whole new thread on something that is basically your opinion which had been discussed/debated in portions of several other threads. Then you didn't have anything to back it up or even give an opinion on who should be captain if Vanek is not worthy. The board gets cluddered as it is and a thread like this is just unnecessary.

Re-reading my post I was a bit harsh. Sorry about that. It's alright adding your comments, thoughts, feeling etc. but please don't start a whole new thread on something that is basically your opinion which had been discussed/debated in portions of several other threads. Then you didn't have anything to back it up or even give an opinion on who should be captain if Vanek is not worthy. The board gets cluddered as it is and a thread like this is just unnecessary.

Fair enough and thanks. But I did mention that I still need to digest this before naming someone, and said that I dont think hes on the team and when pressed put Leopolds name.

Maybe should have searched for a better place to put it but I am like all of us somewhat distraught today.

Thanks and cheers

i would first want to see why people think vanek would make a good captain, cause I don't see it. he doesn't strike me as a leader, or as a guy that will take charge of his team. He seems more like a guy who just wants to sit back and play his game. I don't really know of anyone on this current roster right now that I would say would make a good captain since Briere and Drury. They said during game 7 that a turning point for the Flyers in game 6 was during intermission when Briere came into the locker room and can a motivational pep talk to his guys. I don't ever picture Vanek doing something like that.

Some guys are just good at being a leader, and the captain doesn't have to be the best or highest paid player.

i would first want to see why people think vanek would make a good captain, cause I don't see it. he doesn't strike me as a leader, or as a guy that will take charge of his team. He seems more like a guy who just wants to sit back and play his game. I don't really know of anyone on this current roster right now that I would say would make a good captain since Briere and Drury. They said during game 7 that a turning point for the Flyers in game 6 was during intermission when Briere came into the locker room and can a motivational pep talk to his guys. I don't ever picture Vanek doing something like that.

Some guys are just good at being a leader, and the captain doesn't have to be the best or highest paid player.

It doesn't but it does have to be someone playing lots of minutes and one of the better players on the team. Honestly, I say they pull a Pitt move and give the C to the young future star. I'd be fine with Myers getting the C.

I like Vanek but I don't think I would make him captain. There is just something missing there. I can't pinpoint it, he is soft, maybe I feel a captain needs a rugged edge/side to him. Like the need to put someone on the opposing team, that is trying to get porky, in their place. Vanek just wouldn't do that.

Of this current group, Gaustad would get my vote, but i'm not enamored with the current choices for captain.

How about getting Iginla from the Flames and making him captain. I would be in favor of that.

Archived