Track record

neverenough

My thoughts are that Philly has every single advantage you can think of going into this game besides goaltending. Buffalo has to play extremely disciplined being down two PKers, and I hope the addition of Roy can provide a spark. Nobody has played against him since December, so it's a bit of a curve ball for Philly. I don't know what to do about defense -- part of me says sit Butler, part of me says he'll learn from that mistake and rebound nicely. Good thing it's Lindy that has to make these decisions and not me. That place is going to be loud as ######. They're going to feed off of it. It's going to be intense and I'm either going to cry of sorrow or cry of happiness.

With Miller in net, I think we'll be fine.

He has done very well this series (obv. we lost 3, I know; but given circumstances) and I think that he'll get us the W tomorrow.

We need this win to help our team, the city and Pegula as well.

The addition of Roy will HELP out this team very much IMO, I think he'll put at least one point up tomorrow in a big way..

7-3 in elimination games? They never faced elimination in 2006 against Philly or Ottawa. He then went 1-1 in elimination games against Carolina. Never faced elimination in 2007 against the Islanders or Rags, then went 1-1 against Ottawa. Last year he was 1-1 when facing elimination against the Bruins. So where did those other 4 wins come from?

7-3 in elimination games? They never faced elimination in 2006 against Philly or Ottawa. He then went 1-1 in elimination games against Carolina. Never faced elimination in 2007 against the Islanders or Rags, then went 1-1 against Ottawa. Last year he was 1-1 when facing elimination against the Bruins. So where did those other 4 wins come from?

I think he's referring to the fact that Miller has won 7 playoff series, and lost 3.

Edit: wait, that can't be right either... If that's the case then he's 4-3

They eliminated Philly, Ottawa, the Rangers, The Islanders? But they lost yesterday so.. 7-4?

Elimination games that i can think of that the Sabres were involved in. Either going for the series win or trying to stay alive.

2006 - Game 5 vs. Flyers --- Win 7-1

2006 - Game 4 vs. Senators --- Loss 2-1

2006 - Game 5 vs. Senators --- Win 3-2 in OT

2006 - Game 6 vs. Hurricanes --- Win 2-1 in OT

2006 - Game 7 vs. Hurricanes --- Loss 4-2

2007 - Game 5 vs. Islanders --- Win 4-3

2007 - Game 6 vs. Rangers --- Win 5-4

2007 - Game 4 vs. Senators --- Win 3-2

2007 - Game 5 vs. Senators --- Loss 3-2 in OT

2010 - Game 5 vs. Bruins --- Win 4-1

2010 - Game 6 vs. Bruins --- Loss 4-3

2011 - Game 6 vs. Flyers --- Loss 5-4 in OT

It looks like Miller is 7-5 in playoff elimination games.

Elimination games that i can think of that the Sabres were involved in. Either going for the series win or trying to stay alive.

2006 - Game 5 vs. Flyers --- Win 7-1

2006 - Game 4 vs. Senators --- Loss 2-1

2006 - Game 5 vs. Senators --- Win 3-2 in OT

2006 - Game 6 vs. Hurricanes --- Win 2-1 in OT

2006 - Game 7 vs. Hurricanes --- Loss 4-2

2007 - Game 5 vs. Islanders --- Win 4-3

2007 - Game 6 vs. Rangers --- Win 5-4

2007 - Game 4 vs. Senators --- Win 3-2

2007 - Game 5 vs. Senators --- Loss 3-2 in OT

2010 - Game 5 vs. Bruins --- Win 4-1

2010 - Game 6 vs. Bruins --- Loss 4-3

2011 - Game 6 vs. Flyers --- Loss 5-4 in OT

It looks like Miller is 7-5 in playoff elimination games.

7-3-2 :nana:

With Miller in net, I think we'll be fine.

We've had Miller in net all series. The Flyers were still able to cancel out a 3-0 lead on Friday and two 2-goal leads yesterday.

He's a great goalie, but I don't think we can count on him to win the game for us.

My thoughts are that Philly has every single advantage you can think of going into this game besides goaltending. Buffalo has to play extremely disciplined being down two PKers, and I hope the addition of Roy can provide a spark. Nobody has played against him since December, so it's a bit of a curve ball for Philly. I don't know what to do about defense -- part of me says sit Butler, part of me says he'll learn from that mistake and rebound nicely. Good thing it's Lindy that has to make these decisions and not me. That place is going to be loud as ######. They're going to feed off of it. It's going to be intense and I'm either going to cry of sorrow or cry of happiness.

Montador and Butler have both been terrible with the giveaways that have lead directly to Flyer goals. If Sekera is healthy, I'd love to see Lindy get Monty out. If we had another viable option, I'd sit Butler too....but Morrisonn is not a viable option. So, he'll continue to be paired with Myers and we'll have to hope for the best.

I have a question that I was thinking about today:

Have the Sabres ever won a Game 7 on the road?

I remember 2006, 1994 and I believe 1988 at Boston as losses....wasn't sure if there was one I was missing

we've won only one game 7 ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QekOFHFThc

I'm not much for statistics, especially with hockey. One shift, one shot, one player can change everything!

I don't care if we've only ever won one game 7...or that the winner of game 1 wins the series...or that the Sabres always lose when down 2-1 or almost always win when up 3-2...

Like the commercials say: History WILL be made...

I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time!

Go Sabres!

The Flyers and their entire crowd will definitely be amped up for this game. We need Miller to stand on his head again for us to win. He played awesome in game 1, had 2 less than stellar games, then shut them down in game 4. After 2 more less than stellar performances, it's time for him to stand on his head once again. It definitely won't be as easy without Pominville or Connolly on the penalty kill but it's time for others to step up and help get us the win.

Archived